To SCROG or not to SCROG with DWC?

LOLOLOLOL thanks bro X) it’s just gonna be a hassle with DWC. I keep going back and forth about it, I really want to I just dunno if I can

Not sure on what hydro growers use , but I regret not adding a silica supplement to firm up the branches so if you don’t scrog I’d def reccomend.
Good luck with your grow :metal: @MutilatedMoth

1 Like

Get a transfer pump with wand and a couple of extra buckets or totes. Prep your new res solution in one, pump the res you’re currently running into another, then refill res with your prepared solution.

2 Likes

Or just build something like this… rdwc … :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:
I love these systems… :crazy_face::+1::grin::shushing_face::zipper_mouth_face::no_mouth:

My personal design … with built in chiller and extra 5 gallon reservoir just incase I have to be away for a week or 2… :grin:
:v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

I prefer the 5 gallon black setup, the undercurrent I made in the white buckets is nice but more work along the grow to keep things in check, water temp, ph, pump needing cleaned and so on.

The round 5 gallon system is very simple and functions amazingly

4 Likes

Here’s a few examples in an RDWC with SCROG. Rez is outside the grow space to keep things under 70F. If doing DWC, heat management is going to be your biggest issue. Root rot is nothing to sneeze at.

7 Likes

@PharmerBob DUDE. YOU SPEAK TO ME ON SO MANY LEVELS. YES! Thaaaaaat is exactly what I aspire to do!!! This is literally my first round and I just wanted to deal with ONE plant in 5gal just to get the gist of what is going on with this hobby! But I’m telling you right now dude, you’re setup would be EXACTLY what I can work with! We had similar setups for fish tanks at the store I worked at! You’re pic at first looked overwhelming but the more I stared, the more I understood and really appreciated what you have there!!

@Myfriendis410 wait wait wait so then with my next tent, I gotta get one with more vent holes, yeah? I got a 36x36x63 right now to work with just the one 5gal I wanna setup, but if I continue this hobby, I’d need to step up with quantum boards and for sure a system like yours and bobs. Yous guys are ten steps ahead of me right now lol how many grows do you guys have under your belt?

1 Like

@Watt-Sun I keep staring at your pic and laughing but also appreciating how much work you must have put into that hahaha you poor bstard hahah you still manage to grow some real beauties though!!

2 Likes

I’ve only been doing this since California legalized MJ. So: 3 years? 18 or 20 grows.

IMO spending time here interacting with other growers both new and experienced; makes you a much better cannabis farmer than you would be otherwise. Great folks here and in the lab.

4 Likes

I took a good few hours to get them all tied up like that. I came home to all 3 plants and their biggest nugs flopped over almost to the floor and one broken branch which recovered thankfully . I won’t do another grow without some form of support trellising or scrogging lol

2 Likes

I ALWAYS scrog

4 Likes

GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for the share!

1 Like

@MutilatedMoth we’ve been doing outdoor for years when it wasn’t acceptable. We had an area set up so it wouldn’t come back to haunt us if anything happened.

About two years in this current setup and with 3 rooms going constantly I’d have to say about 18-20 runs so far with all the rooms, rough guesstimate

1 Like

@Grandaddy013 need a hand trimming? They look like your stripping em of nutes

1 Like

Those are already trimmed, but will have some more in a few weeks

6 Likes

Here’s my journal from the last winter’s grow of 3 plants. A hair shy of 2 lbs of flower.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing! New journal to read through YAY!

Lol. First thing I thought when I saw those pics was puppet plants.

1 Like

@Reign_man another good one