Hey buddy, isn’t this a little high? I thought it needs to be around 6.2-6.5? There’s probably something I’m missing so just tell me to get back in my box if necessary…
Originally I had concerns about the soil being too acidic. My slurry test were reasonable (~6.7), but I wasn’t sure how the runoff would test. The runoff after pH 7.0 H2O was down ~pH 5.7n for each. So maybe I washed a bit of nutrients from the active “Root” soil by using pH7.0, but also pH-Up some of the surrounding soil where roots probably were not growing - as @Randy_Marsh advised.
In either case; pH-Up a bit seemed to be a better choice than more pH-Down at this point.
@RandyMarsh; ah…the last two weeks… As in harvest time in two weeks - they’ll be 10 weeks above ground by the 23rd of June (Full Moon!).
I was really hoping that the WW and NL Autos would all grow at the reasonable rate and I would be able to harvest near to the same time. With the NL’s barely flowering - that will not be the case. And I need the test back to dry and begin another set of plants. Geeeesh…
Back to your original point - …just H2O for the last 2 weeks.This would be for the WW-A’s (pics on Right side).
I suppose that since the Slurry PPM is so high (WW - 5725) that I will just H2O them, but will keep an eye on their condition as we progress.
There…it took me a a lot of words to say “Okay”.
One issue is that different strains mature at different times , so just take those notes in for the next run , try to run the same strain per batch , if not your gonna have a room with some tall some short some bushy some skinny- ripening and flowering at different times , some are sweeter some are really dense that’s part of the reason too they have special traits that make them behave differently
So I did some clean-out of lower branching for these NLA’s. Based on Mfr. - flowering ~4-6 weeks, which they did. However, the flowers, albeit with iddy-biddy (yeah that’s a word = tiny) trichomes, are weak at best. Oh the WWA’s are nearing to harvest - see closeup.
In any case - these bushy NLA gals…geesh… are above ground for ~8 weeks. Should I do some targeted/significant pruning AND continue to increase the feeding of Phosphorous (Fox Farms Tiger Bloom 2-8-4) while adding a bit of Cal-Mag etc.?
WWA’s - approaching Full Moon but pistils remain the same color and trichomes continue to develop. I know I’m close, but don’t want to miss the premium harvest (Close up pics).
@SpinyNorman @GenghisRon @Budz @fast-grow
3. These Blue Berry Fem’s had to be moved to outdoors (more to come in another post for these I’m sure). The’re still packaged into (2) 5 Gal bags +1 5Gal individual. In any case; seeking recommendation on how to prune/train especially the 4.5’ big-gal!
Plants look good other than a C and P def. Looks like you are on top of it. I looked at your trichome shots and it all looks on track to me.
I presume you referring to the 1st set of pics. These are the NLA’s that should have flowered ~3-4 weeks ago. They have very limited flower growth. So you believe they are Calcium and Phosphorus deficient? I just fed them on Sunday w/2-8-4 +Cal-mag, and have previously, but will continue to do so.
The second set of pics are the WWA’s nearing harvest (trichomes…)
Outdoor ladies looking tight, son
Yeah, they outgrew small tent 3weeks ago and then the larger tent last week. I’m thinking about using some of those “branch benders” for training outwardly and may have to trans-pot at least one bag, containing 3 plants, into a 10 Gal bag.
Not heard great things about these. I think you get better control with some plant ties. I use rubber coated plant wire and some bulldog clips. Good luck whatever you choose, my friend
@Myfriendis410 please help a guy out.
Any…all who wish to opine…
Struggling with these NLA’s (below).
The WWA’s were harvested and are reasonable quality.
The BBF’s are outdoors, growing BIG and two have begun flowering.
The NLA’s, indoors and I’m having a difficult time pinpointing their deficiencies or pH affect.
To that end - I need help. They’re trying to flower, have been “cleaned-up” twice in two weeks and continue to have leaf symptoms of???
Runoff July 11:
#1 pH 6.02 PPM 1066
#2 pH ?? (I forgot to…) PPM 2621
Slurry #2: pH 6.4 PPM 69 (yes 69).
The leaves continue to show splotching…yellowing then…
I have added FF Cal-Mag weekly (1tsp/Gal) for the past three weeks . Last dose on July 9. Yes, leaf stems are damn purple.
On Friday June 25m I backed-off the nutes because runoff from NLA#1 was pH 5.33 PPM 4553!
I’m stuck, confused and need to get these gals back on track. Harvest in ~4 weeks.
I can upload more pics from the past weeks if you believe they’ll be helpful.
Some grows just show defs in flower. I think you are doing all you can and plants should deliver a decent yield.
I say ride it out.
Thanks @Myfriendis410 - steady as she goes…
Update… Still removing decrepit leaves from both - on almost a daily basis. They continue to grow new leaves & flower. One is maturing a bit faster than the other based on the pistil coloring. NL-A1 90% white pistils while NL-A2 is ~70% white.
Hey I’m new to this site but not new to growing. As for sexing its difficult to tell with these photos. As far as SCROGing, put the net at the height of your shortest plant. Tuck the branches of the taller plants down under the net until all your limbs are at the same height as your shortest plant… If branches are already too stiff to bend without breaking then you may have to use a tie down method. I use a green vinyl tape from my local garden store. Its like electrical tape without the adhesive.