To SCROG or not to SCROG Photos & Nutes

Thanks @Myfriendis410 for responding. Your comment is exactly what I was hoping for.
I placed the BB-P’s (FF soil and Nutes) on 12/12 today. Not sure if I can turn back after 24hr.
These Blueberry’s have been above ground since ~4/11 - so 7 weeks growing. Albeit transplanted 3x and sundry nutrient and watering issues.
I have to state my concern about the nutrients. Aside from possible Cal-Mag deficiency - I haven’t been able to gain a runoff reading from these: 5 in (2) 5Gal bags, but I will tomorrow when they’re due for H2O. I have runoff from the WWA’s feeding (3gal original 27X27 tent) - Vivosun meter reads input pH 6.0 PPM 1500 H2O with runoff output of pH5.74 PPM1000. I use the previously stated FF feeding “schedule” which does not come close to their “potential” input of PPM ~2100. The NLA runoff was waaaaay of the chart - bouncing between 5725 and 6745!! I think this Vivosun meter TDM/PPM I have can’t measure >2000PPM.
In any case; I have had other posting conversations about 500 vs 700 Scale in measuring PPM. Never really figured this out and simply went on to use the FF feeding regime.I sent Vivosun an email requesting more information - no response.
So where am I…??? How do I “case down deficiencies” with questionable meters while still keeping them moving ahead?
My apology for such a disjointed response and questioning - I’m whoooped and frustrated, but don’t wnat to give-up!!
Given all this; I’ll back them off 12/12 early in the AM. We’ll see where it goes given your recommendations.
Best regards…

1 Like

@fast-grow; your consideration is certainly valid, but I have no information to refute. My PPM’s are questionable, based on meter.

1 Like

Is there any reason why I should not use Orange fencing for this SCROG setup?
Thanks…

Added Cal-Mag (Fox Farms) but seeing no improvement. Rather; continues to turn South!
Recent pH yielded WW2 pH 6.7 and NL1 pH 6.12. I forgot to pH UP the initial nutrient H2O, after adding nutes, to pH7. And they were all watered with pH <6.0! I believe I did this 2X now.
After reading (finally received) the Grow Bible (Greg Green) this doesn’t seem to be a lack of NP or K - at least not by his illustrations.
I plan to H2O, and maybe feed (slurry 1st) on Tuesday and will be cure to bring soil pH up to 7.0.
@CalamityJane @Nicky @Randy_Marsh @Axemanjake23 @HMGRWN @Budz @Not2SureYet - any/all who care to opine.

2 Likes

What’s the runoff TDS? Looks like a P def and N excess. Leaves will not recover so look at new growth for improvement.

Plant could be thinned out some too.

2 Likes

Any flowering nutrients being use ?

Yes - FF “Trio” (see below) + Cal-Mag Bush Doctor (6/3) & twice Root Boost (5/27).
However; when checking my PPM after adding each of the recommended nutes - I always have PPM higher than the range listed on their chart ~2700.

Okay @Myfriendis410; here we go…

1. I will check Runoff of both and slurry - probably tonight.
    The last runoff was 5/30: WW1 - pH 5.74 PPM 1000 & NL1 - pH 5.33 PPM >2,000!
    A Slurry test (2" in & 2" down) of each on 6/3: WW1 - pH 6.7 PPM 134 & NL1 - pH 6.12 PPM 125.

2. Yes, these are mature leaves. I wasn’t 100% if they would recover. With this in mind - should I remove the affected leaves from both? And how much to prune? Especially NL1 (bottom pic) which still hasn’t really begun flowering.

1 Like

Hey bro, sorry for late reply. Sounds like @Myfriendis410 has got you sorted.

Sounds like your ph might be a bit out of whack although the slurry test sounds about in the right range - sorry if this is an insulting question but did you do slurry test with distilled water or similar?

I can’t answer about chopping the leaves off but I think you are best to do this before flower anyway. MyFriendis410 did suggest some defol so that’s entirely up to you. I’d prob just look up some videos or threads on here about how much to prune :woman_shrugging: Depends on how mad you wann go and what stage they are at.

Good luck mate. I’m sitting here watching. :v:

1 Like

Thanks @CalamityJane
Yah - hoping that Myfriendis410 will respond.
Yes - distilled H2O for slurry test. No offense taken :slight_smile:
FWIW - none of the Autos (WW or NL) had root systems worth a damn. I really don’t know how they are now. They may have shallow/poor roots and there’s a build-up of nutrients in the “bottom” of the grow bags, which would jive with runoff having high PPM as compared to slurry (2"-in & 2"-down).
The Blueberrys BB-Photos 2/3 in 5Gal - transplanted on 5/12, all had good roots, but also had high PPM on 6/1 runoff. Here again - there may not have been enough time for roots to grow down to the bottom of the 5Gal bag. Slurry test of BB-P’s also on 6/1 were good: pH 6.7 PPM 58. And I knew I was in the roots of the BB-P’s when gathering the soil sample.

1 Like

I think a runoff TDS is plenty. In soil I’d want to be no lower than about 2,000 ppm in runoff FYI.

But primarily looks like N toxicity which I would address before any other adjustments: an excess can cause a def or a lockout (you are showing P def as well).

Old beat up leaves can go. All ‘primary’ leaves can be removed at this point and any that are shading bud sites. I would also remove lowest part of canopy, branches and all to send more goodness upstairs where the light is.

3 Likes

@Myfriendis410 thank you!
So too much N (FF Grow Big and Big Blooms) because of the ratios used over the past # of weeks. And not enough Potassium…okay.
My only choice, other than pruning old growth, is feeding with the FF- Tiger Bloom 2-8-4. I have no P by itself.
I was expecting to H2O+Feed tonight. Should I simply prune and H2O and hold-off on the Tiger Bloom. Obviously after I check the TDS by slurry.

Do a water to runoff and check your TDS. That will pretty much tell you which way to jump next watering or feeding.

I’d clean up the plant which will stimulate it somewhat as well.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 - correcting myself - I meant to write Phosphorous, not Potassium.
Are you advising me to only water today, and check runoff? Or go ahead and feed with N2-P8-K4 to give them a shot of Phosphorous? They are thirsty right NOW.

Water and check runoff. Water.

@Myfriendis410 ; thanks for clarifying. And my apology for not responding sooner - it’s been a busy couple of days.
I H2O’d all Autos, and BB-P’s tonight.
One VERY important thing to remember, at least for myself, if a plant shows signs of needing a drink - GIVE THE PLANT A DRINK! And BEFORE you perform any additional maintenance.
I’ll provide additional details on Thursday :frowning:

That’s exactly why I only grow in water…
No need for anything…
Just a little nutrients…
Bam…
All good…
Unless there’s a water issue… :thinking::face_with_monocle::upside_down_face::green_heart::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

@Myfriendis410 @CalamityJane @Randy_Marsh @fast-grow
Okay…it’s Friday - oh well…
Wednesday PM - removed affected leaves from all Autos.
H2O ONLY with pH7.0, but should have watered prior to any pruning as NL2 was already showing signs of being thirsty when I opened the tent. I won’t do that again!
Runoff and Slurry of (2) Autos are as follows:
Runoff: WW2: pH 5.71 - PPM 6583 NL2 pH 6.19 PPM 4867
Slurry: WW1: pH 5.73 - PPM 5725 - NL1 pH 5.71 PPM 3379
Again; none of these have a “great” root system. And I barely hit ANY roots gathering soil (2" in & 2" down)
For what it’s worth - the WW-A’s are blooming well - as well as they can. But the NL-A’s (Left in pics) are struggling to bloom and NL2 (Left Rear) is really struggling to “un-droop” from its pre-watering condition.
Did I hear someone say “FLUSH the soil and be patient”? Hmmmm…

3 Likes

Uh…not sure how this happened. Disregard the pics with pinkish-pan (catch for runoff) are all Blueberry-Photos - a separate conversation there.

1 Like

Maybe not flush , just water for the last 2 weeks , maybe roots are in the center and bottom of the pot where moisture is , roots won’t stay in a dry area

1 Like