To my edible lovers I have question

Does this look proper canna butter to you all the picture makes look green tint from poor camera quality but it’s actually light amber color, an I do know the hash it was made from was swell I just wanted make sure supposed look like that lol … did put in spoon an slightly heat low low heat just break down from a solid piece to show it broke down little better,

1 Like

Tiny but tasted actually tatses good an kinda strong lol

That should answer your questions…

1 Like

I make Budder for my wife’s edibles from the first run, more pure, trichomes only, blonde dry ice hash. The green comes from the chlorophyll from the less pure, more plant matter vs trichomes, greener hash. She doesn’t like the ‘green’ taste.

1 Like

It can come in all kinds of different shades depending on technique and strain

1 Like

Thanks guys I was making sure an I have seen green before no figured it had extra contaminates in it why was that color with so I always stuck to the clearer Amber to gold but got say I am digging the kinda strong pot taste it’s not overpowering but leave a cool flavour on the tounge

3 Likes

I make the oil and it comes in whatever shade that harvest was. Here’s 2 different batches and the greener one is stronger

Sweet, I had tried sum qwisop once buddy had few runs an there was a line green one off same run(2nd pull) an it was stronger than the beautiful Amber color I always figured the prettier an more golden the better guess goes with quality as far as containments but guess doesn’t go the same for potency. That’s a head scratcher :joy:

It also matters if you decarb first. If you don’t the wash will be much greener, nut even if youndecarb, if you do a long wash you just strip more chlorophyll… really a 3 minute was for the first run will,yield much better and cleaner… much better taste

1 Like

It can look all kinds of colors really. Looks yummy to me.
I been using alot of coconut oil instead of butter in recipes and it’s awsome. It kinda changes the texture and moisture content I believe, in a good way :yum:

3 Likes

Hi MYFRIENDIS410
Saw your post and your blog link
I make a lot of edibles including my own infused simple syrup
Working on tincture filtration right now to remove as much of the plant taste as possible
I infuse coconut oil and simple syrup and use molecular gastronomy to make various edibles
Would like to get some folks together to focus on edibles
Decarb, filter and infusion
Did a couple of videos on the syrup infusion, chocolate syrup and apple compote but there was not much interest

There are some specific techniques you can use to improve the quality of your oil. Read the thread I posted above and should answer your Q’s.