To much weed to trim at one setting!

Thats goona be me :laughing:

4 Likes

If you can keep your drying room at or around 60 RH you can leave it hanging for weeks!

2 Likes

OMG i hate trimming… hands down least fav part of the whole process…

3 Likes

I kinda like it! Its sorta rhythmic, grab a huge branch and break it down!

2 Likes

i have some family members that also seem to enjoy it so i gladly let them have at it…

2 Likes

Does anyone have a trim tray they recommend?

I’m right up the road. I have scissors will travel :joy:

1 Like

Thanks, but still a pain in the ass!

I always dry first, then trim.

1 Like

Come on down Audiofreak is bringing pizza. LOL

2 Likes

wow! this guy needs to complain

1 Like

I bought one called The Trim Bin on Amazon, just came yesterday haven’t used it yet. $52.00

2 Likes

Sure would like to hear about those and others as I’m looking at them now for purchase.

Haven’t used it yet but it feels like it might make it a little more comfortable it’s got recessed areas on the corners for your arms to rest in. Only on line complaints I’ve seen is there is a gap around where the screen on the top tray has a gap that some of the small trimmings will get into, but not a big deal for me.

If I’m not mistaken (no exp with these) are they mostly about separating the Keif? Just not sure if they are really useful to me as I do one plant at a time, would i get enough Keif from one plant to make it worthwhile. I like the idea of the apparent comfort during use however. 50/60 bucks seems stiff to me. If enough can be separated it may be a value.

1 Like

I have both a trim bin as well as “Bowl Trimmer”. I use the trim bin for three purposes, one just a comfortable way to do either the rough trim before going into the trimmer or #2 to do the final trim for buds that deserve the extra treatment, and finally I use it to get dry rub keif for making cannabutter that I use for brownies.

Even off of one plant (~1 # dried and trimmed) I get enough keif to make it useful. All of the trimmed material gets dry rubbed in the trim bin, that is where the bulk of my keif comes from.

2 Likes

Ya I am thinking for comfort and rough trim. As i grow for my head and wife’s i dont do a tight trim sugar leaves all shrivelled up dont bother me too much, used to call that the “shake” in a bag we didn’t like paying for it but we smoked it LOL. If I get some Keif as well…all the better I guess.

3 Likes

we bought one, but if your buds aren’t big, they take a lot off your bud. We don’t use it, but it does trim pretty good

I was just thinking all I’m gonna do is smoke it, why do the extra work and just leave it on the bud and smoke it then. Maybe I’m just lazy!

1 Like

I had a couple of Maui Wowie plants from my grow that finished in January that I never bothered to cut down because I had tons of surplus laying around and decided to shutdown for awhile. I started up again so I chopped to remaining plants and put the buds in my Risentek trimmer.

The results are excellent. I like my buds drier than most suggest because it works better in my vape. In this case they slow dried and cured on the plant while it was still in soil. It was in complete darkness for 10 months before I chopped and trimmed.

I am not suggesting this is a good approach but it certainly worked out well for me this time. I do not intend to do this as a regular practice.

2 Likes