To much Nitrogen?

My plants are a deep green color and the tips have a slight claw with yellow tips…I’m only using Tiger Bloom 12ml every other feeding…I’m bit sure if it’s to much nitrogen or something else…any help would be great

3 Likes

Correct to much nitrogen.

Learn to use ppm to gauge when you should feed your plant.
Always water with ph’d water, read run off and from there follow feed chart and decide if a feed is needed. Feed according to the ppm needed to boost your ppm to the acceptable level.

2 Likes

I’ve also had a issue with soil ph…it continues to be at around 7.5 to 8…could that be the issue also?

1 Like

Yes 7.5 - 8 is high, you want to be around 6.5 for soil. Incorrect ph can cause all sorts of problems to appear.

2 Likes

Are you watering to run off when you do water/feed?

1 Like

Doubtful.
But again in soil so when in soil one shouldn’t be watering till run off, this reduces the amount of nutrients in the soil (which is organic).
Run off is recommended to be tested in week 4 of soils but one shouldn’t be feeding until run off samples confirm you need to feed.

If your running nutrients though you should be watering to run off to avoid salt build up, but then your killing organics in your soil so there is no reason to run soil.

Most new growers don’t understand how this all works in relation.
Unfortunately they are sold nutrients due to advertising and no guidance, most have the basic idea of plants grow in soil and not to water to much or to little. The general impression is cannabis uses lots of nutrients and they want a big plant big buds so they over feed very early.

Lack of understanding.

3 Likes

No I don’t water to runoff…sounds like I should but I worry about overwatering

Overwatering is caused by frequency of watering (watering every other day), not by amount of water run through pot per watering.

1 Like

Ohhhh very good distinction between the two…so you all think I should water the plants till runoff each time?

If your using salt based nutrients (tiger bloom), always water till runoff, keeps salts from building up in the pots

Is that considered “flushing”

Flushing is when you run a high volume of ph water through your pots, I guess it’s kinda like a mini flush, remove some of the old and replace with some fresh water/ nutrients. This keeps everything in order, and your plant healthy.

1 Like

Dave’s got you here.

Again measure your run off and go from there.looks like you shouldn’t be feeding right now.

3 Likes

Little is more in some case im with you
On this @Nicky. If u dont mind me saying. Happy growing.

2 Likes

:+1: Out of likes.

1 Like