To, Latewood, Garrigan62 and MacGyverstoner,

No problem David glade I could help

B Safe
Will

Hi Cash, Thankā€™s for the help.

Hi TxGrowman, Thankā€™s for the help, I shall check out the site. The first is the one they say you remember the best.

Take care.

David.

Hey Jerry sounds like you ::slight_smile: got it going on down there in Texasā€™sā€¦lol
It was nice taking with you the other day :slight_smile:
Sound like you are going to be busy for awhile.
Start a journal on your project, now that would be awesome.
I to am going / to try hydro in one of my tents. Just to see how it will all play out.

B Safe
Will

Hey Will, yea, it seems like an ambitious project but the rewards are going to be AWESOME !! My buddy told me that he will get his young son, 45 years sold, to help us. He is a certified welder and an all around general handyman. He works at the shop that has the tanks and he has final say if the tank goes to scrap or is used. I was assured that one is not going to make the final cut and is discarded. lol It seems like a big undertaking and will take a while to get going if I can. I am going to make sure his son stays very happy after harvest ! !
Money is a little tight now but I really want to get one BIG grow and then sit back and enjoy ! ! My friend is as excited about it as I am, MAYBE MORE! Nah, I am DEFINITELY more excited about getting this going!
Hopefully, we can make it happen.

Great Buds to you always
Jerry

1 Like

Hi Jerry, I have been thinking about hydro not made up my mind yet. You will love the blueberry although I am a bit biased. The strawberry kush is growing fast I will up date about it later. Just about to get the pineapple haze seeds into a soak. I bought the seeds from Robert 100% success rate and the advice is first rate.

Take care.

David.

David, McGuyverStoner Speaking about Pineapple, has anyone tried that pineapple flavored flower nutrient? I love pineapple but need the CDBā€™s and was thinking to try this in my Super Silver Haze or some other plant for a different taste. Anyone have any comments??

Flavorings can and do work. I know people that get hard candy flavoring drops from a bakery supply or craft store and add a little to the reservoir or watering the last couple weeks of flower. It most certainly does work, it is easy to overdo it too. Iā€™ve smelled weed that smelled like grape bubble gum at concerts and stuff and was like I know what those guy did before they harvested that stuff, lol.

2 Likes

It might be kind of fun to experiment with the flavorings on one of the plants. That must be the stuff they use to make the suckers. I wanted to find a recipe for those.

Tx ā€¦ your plan sounds like loads of fun!! You guys who build your own stuff for indoor and outdoor growing are great. Iā€™m technically challenged and donā€™t think I could do it.

MT

MT1 Truthfully, I worked in Medicine as a PA for 23 years and a Navy Corpsman with the USMC. I am not the greatest mechanically, but I learned one thing from medicine, surround yourself with experts in all fields and you can get a lot of things done that you never would have without the experts help. Never be afraid to ask a question, that is the BEST way to learn !
Great Buds to you always
Jerry

1 Like

Appreciate the input! Not sure what would work with Blueberry but maybe Iā€™ll just wait until I get a plant that it works better with. Maybe the SSH will work with that.
Jerry

IN YOUR LUNGS is my best place to store bud ! lol
Are your buds fully cured? If they are, the absolute best way I know of is in an airtight container, glass lined preferably, or just use mason jars, quart size. Any bigger than that and, Iā€™m told, the buds getting mold is a problem. There are several you tube clips on the entire harvest and curing process that go into a number of different ways to dry and cure your bud. Gives you a choice.
I am making a wooden humidor with a glass lining to store my best buds in. I cannot remember the exact dimensions but it is about a foot long and 6 inches wide. I havenā€™t worked on it for two years but it is in my ā€œProjects To Be Completedā€ shelf in my wood shop. I built it around the dimensions of the container. Iā€™d love to finish that when health allows. I will try to get a pic posted.
Great Buds always
Jerry

Tx ā€¦ The humidor sounds like a neat project. Post some pics when you get a chance and feel up to it. Iā€™m going to store my buds this year in glass jars. Iā€™ve already got a case of them, but going to need a few more cases. Thank goodness my brother-in-law is going dry most of it at his house ā€¦ I just donā€™t have the space.

Happy Growing
MT

1 Like

Any thoughts on seal a meal vacuum bags then freeze them for storing your buds?
Tom

Hi Yoshi, Have you tried your new waterfarm yet?. I would be interested in hearing about it. thankā€™s.

Take care.

David.

I heard or saw something about thoughts zip freeze bags and if I remember correctly ya itā€™s a great way to store your finished growā€¦
Iā€™ll look around i think ! Iā€™m sure I can find it.

B Safe
Will

zip freeze bags are NOT air tie

I didnā€™t know that, thanks for the heads up hillcrest

B Safe
Will

One way to store your weed is Seal a Meal bag sealers. I did that for my grow in NYS back in ancient times. The only drawback is you have to make sure your weed is FULLY cured. Too much moisture in those sealed bags and you are likely to have problems!

1 Like

That is what I was asking about, the seal a meal vacuum bags. Thanks guys
Tom

1 Like