To Hold Or Not To Hold

Hello,
The age-old question appears again; Is it better to Hold in a hit or is there no need?

My belief is it’s better to hold onto the hit and “extract” maximum THC molecules;
I would accept the opposite for vaping techniques where other substances could be involved and your lungs have extracted the good stuff right off the bat. Or, it may even be the opposite of that: bad stuff first, good stuff later…
But for joints, bongs, dabs/nails, I believe holding it in gets the most for your money…

I’m sure everyone has their own conceptions as I’ve shown, but does anyone KNOW A DEFINITIVE/MEDICAL ANSWER???

Thanks in advance.
Richard

6 Likes

Good question @radamsonilgm
Im
Setting to watching

4 Likes

Right?! Have had this on my mind for, oh, forever! For me, that hit is a keeper - but some folks just hit and release.
Being a Schedule 1 drug, no one’s had the chance to really study it.

Oh, I don’t intend to make it a money question; but efficiency tends to lean toward least “cost”.
Let’s presume you have an adequate supply and just want to get the best out of each hit. The thought here is that if you had an over-abundant, never-ending supply, you wouldn’t care about efficiently toking your weed. Hell, you wouldn’t even be reading this! :smiley: hahaha.

Meanwhile, simply keep puffing; I’ll keep on holding it!

Cheers!

5 Likes

I myself have always held mine in ?

4 Likes

Holding in your smoke doesn’t get you or make you higher. All you are doin is depriving your bodybof oxygen and in return you arw getting a head rush not getting higher. At least what I’ve read and researched has came up with

5 Likes

Sounds valid @Dieselgrower i always figured the longer you held it in the more of the thc and what would be absorbed true lung tissue?

4 Likes

I get that @Dieselgrower, I’m not really talking of holding on a ridiculously long time where you exhale like you’re blowing out 50 candles!

Actually then, the question is more about, is there any worth in holding onto a hit for any amount of time? Logical thought (I hope) tends toward a “diminishing returns” representation, so does a 10-second hold provide some return? Or, really no benefit?

Thanks!

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 Most of the thc is absorbed as soon as it hits the lung tissue.

It’s all good brother just tryin to help out :v:

3 Likes

Thats good to know @Dieselgrower
Im actually looking upna few things now
And that seems to be the concensus
Thanks my friend :+1:

2 Likes

Not a problem brother. Just try to help out when I can.

2 Likes

I’ve read the same info @Dieselgrower, and I’ve never noticed any difference. However, should some clinical trial arise where they need smokers to volunteer to help with testing, I’m in! :raising_hand_man:

5 Likes

in the name of science @elheffe702 hahaha

2 Likes

@radamsonilgm i know ppl that had a 7 second rule when they were kids lol ,hold in as long as you can :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Exactly! Lol

I’ve read a couple of stories on this myself, was of great interest when paying $20g
So what I found was to maximize effect it’s not how much smoke you pull in and hold but the oxygen that is mixed in .
E.g
Take a normal pull and hold 3-5 seconds and exhale 1/2 of lung capacity and take in some more fresh air, hold 3-5 sec and exhale fully. That way your lungs process the smoke more efficient with the oxygen.
Anyway that’s what I come up with when I researched it

5 Likes

There is fruit you can consime before taking that can help increase in the body’s uptake and duration. Mangos I believe

2 Likes

Good to know @Nug-bug interesting

I’ve noticed that when you hold your hit in like I do you may end up Bogarting that joint forgetting that others are waiting. lol
When I was paying for my smoke you bet that I would hold the hit in just to make sure I got my money’s worth. It might not of helped but I wasn’t going to risk it. I usually just hold it in for a second or so now.

1 Like

Guys, I’m an old Diver Medic, once the alveoi (air sacs) in the lungs transfer their gas to the capillaries due to an equalization of gas pressure, they no longer have the pressure to make the exchange. You have tiny capillaries that surround little air sacs in your lungs. They won’t take on anymore gases with an equal pressure. You have to inhale to change the internal pressure so the gas is exchanged. By the way we all breathe because there’s what’s called chemo receptors in our jugular veins that senses the amount of CO2 in our system, it’s not the need for O2, it’s and over abundance of CO2. Weird right?

2 Likes

Happy anniversary @NTMAREMACH

1 Like