To Harvest or Not To Harvest THAT is the Questions

Alrighty Guys and Gals! We’re in the home stretch…obviously for all of us, the excitement at harvest time is a very real thing but I don’t want to do it TOO soon. What do you think of the images below? Is she ready? The strain is Critical Mass bought from ILGM.

And here’s an overall shot for good measure…

First Grow-9

7 Likes

Appreciate that video, just looking for thoughts based on the trichome pic I included

Take shots of the bud’s interior. Sugar leaves will show amber first. You’re looking for the trichomes on the flower itself, not leaves.

4 Likes

make sure you’re checking the trichs on the buds and not the sugar leafs :wink:

2 Likes

White light please, otherwise that’s a nice purple plant.

1 Like

10-4 all! Will send in new images in a few!

If you watch the video you’ll see that you have about a 4 week window on your harvest that potency will be between 92-100%.

2 Likes

We’re almost at exactly 8 weeks.

I’m seeing amber. I’d be thinking about harvesting.

1 Like

1st thing it says is don’t harvest if most of the white hairs are still white and sticking straight out. You kinda got a lot of that still. All the white hair will turn red and will lay down on the bud and recede. Once 90% of them are red you will be close to harvest. Buds swell in the very end of the grow and much weight is added in just a short period. Your pics are close but to be sure you will need a jewelers loop or a usb microscope. I have heard there are free phone apps that will do that without addtl equipment but I have not looked into it. Looks good but you got a week more at least IMO.
Remember, the flowering times shown by seed venders is at best a guideline. It’s not absolute by any means. Lots of things can slow or even speed up the flowering time.

4 Likes

Also, beware of early harvest. I have read that if harvested too early the immature cannabinoids that you will be consuming will have amplified the what are often considered “negative” effects of weed smoking. Anxiety, unease, restlessness, things like that.

1 Like

Okie dokie, here’s the latest…is it time?

1 Like

Interesting.

1 Like

I’m in the same pickle now, but I have a lot more amber threads, yet the tops of flowers are still shooting new wide flowers…

Welcome to the community! I thought so too.

I am in the same position. I am going out of town tomorrow and don’t know whether to cut or trust everything will be okay when I get back. Here is mine.

Update I chopped them all. This is only my second grow and first time I think I let them go too long to where they no longer smelled. I think they were in a harvestable state. If not, I still have three outdoors.

@JaneQP :arrow_up: I’d smoke that :star_struck::+1:t2:

2 Likes