To harvest or leave for couple more weeks

I’m here to get some tips on when I should harvest and any valuable information I can get I’m growing szkittles and it’s a auto and I’m using hydro

@Lka2683

It appears your plant has started foxtailing where calyx are forming on top of calyx. Sometimes it is the genetics of the strain, sometimes it results from stress. There is nothing wrong with it except that it makes it harder to determine when to harvest.

If you base the approach of harvest by watching for the pistils to turn brown it won’t work since your plant keeps producing new calyx and 2 nice white pistils.

If you determine by looking at trichomes it is harder as well since the older growth may be ready to harvest, but because your plant keeps making new calyx and pistils there is always new growth with clear trichomes. You have to dig into the bud a little deeper and check the trichomes there.

The best guide you have is the length of time they’ve been in flower. If it normally takes 8 weeks to flower your species and you are already on week 10 I would suspect that the plant, or at least most of the plant, is ready for harvest.

2 Likes

You are getting close you calyxes are really swollen I’d day a week or so …start checking trics and post pics to help get a better idea… dont look at sugar leaves take a pic inside a bud bend it over and look inside that’s a better idea of the plant as a whole… and look any where but you biggest baddest cola and dont look at the bottom not the light buds

Thank you this information was really helpful I’ll keep you updated

I was thinking of giving it another week and then harvesting the top and letting some of the other buds develop some more I’ll keep you posted