To grow, or not to grow. Debate for all!

So I have been having this internal debate with myself. Whether I should continue growing or give it up. I just recently had my first child. He is just about 2 months old. The wife told me to wait till he’s 3 months. No problem with me. But is it wrong to grow with young kids??

5 Likes

It depends on your circumstances. Many of us have children/family in the home. I’m lucky enough to have a separate room that no one ever visits. An infant is significantly easier than let’s say, a curious 8 year old. The older they get the more difficult it will be to an extent.

7 Likes

I’ll be watching my granddaughter starting in February. She’ll be almost three months. I am planning on zipper locks on the tents and adding hook and eye locks on any door that leads to grow related areas. That on top of the usual baby proofing.

5 Likes

If you and you wife are both comfortable with it then I dont see anything wrong with it. Its no more dangerous than many other hobbies as far as equipment and chemicals go. It does I guess have some moral implications. I was personal raised up around marijuana even when it was fully illegal. I just never viewed it as a bad thing but i guess a lot of that is what you are taught. My kids are both grown now. They both know that I grow. I wouldnt hide it from them. I guess in my mind if I try to hide something it saying that it is wrong and I dont believe it is wrong. It is really just a matter of personal preference. I will say that if my wife wasnt comfortable with it I wouldnt do it just for her. but my brain also doesnt work like normie folks.

7 Likes

Well as long as it doesn’t take from taking care of your baby then why would it be an issue? Especially at that age it’s not like they are in school and telling their friends that my momma and daddy is growing pot . :joy: They don’t know what the hell it is at that age . They don’t even know what they are at that age. :joy:
I don’t see it hurting them in any way. I’d be more concerned about a coffee table edge than I would a canvas tent . Obviously put any chemicals in a place that can’t be reached and that’s that . Yeah then just cross whatever bridges as they start getting older. Go for it 100 percent .

3 Likes

i dont have little children in my home but I grow in my bedroom and no one is allowed in there but my wife and I still have kids at home. its privacy thing to me.

3 Likes

Whats the debate? Illegal state? A house in general offers danger to toddlers and should have some steps taken to prevent any issues with or without grow spaces. A house is full of chemicals before you grow anything, a house has electrical plugs and cords besides grow rooms. Guns, knives, and meds may be in the house.

It seems that regardless of a grow room, responsible parents would child proof anyway. 

Back to square one. Illegal or not?

3 Likes

I lock up tight when the grands are over but the saying goes

Happy Wife Happy Life

Keep the Queen on your good side and let the grows flow!!!

5 Likes

I do not see why not… kids just see plants. I had a friend the was a school teacher for 1st grade. (in 1980"s) The kids in his apartment complex would sometimes stop over or even watch cartoons. They used to make fun of his funny skinny tomato plants.

Have another friend who raises his grandkids… they have seen him smoke since infants and think it is normal. I do agree with kid proofing, since kids have friends and they will eventually be over…regardless of what you taught yours.

2 Likes

Are you in a legal state? My wife and I view it like this (11 year old in home) - curious or not, there is a significantly high risk for any child in any home without a good understanding of right and wrong. All circumstances are different. We live in the Mojave desert, there are toxic plants everywhere and potentially deadly critters under every single bush/board laying around. My point, there is a right and wrong way to do everything and we can only educate and guide the youth.
I race off-road trucks semi-professionally, would an individual that doesn’t know me think it’s unacceptable for me to drive 100+mph in the dirt with the 11 year old in the truck? Some would Probably would think I should be charged with child endangerment, whereas we see it is good safe fun, utilizing proper safety gear, specialized seats and harnesses, full crash cages and fire safe fuel cells.
This got a bit rambly, my opinion being when the proper safety procedures are followed you have nothing to be concerned about.

5 Likes

One of my grandsons come over quite a bit. We dont hide it because it is legal here. He is 7 and curious about everything. We have told him that it is our medicine and show him our cards. He helps with the feeding, defol and all.

5 Likes

I totally :100:percent agree with educating.

3 Likes

In this house we have a little motto,we don’t ever think we know everything, but together we have the desire to know everything.the 11 year old teaches me just as much as I teach him.

1 Like

Are you sure you dont live in my house??? My 7 year old is autistic, but on the OCD and smart side. He can tell you the capitol of every state and the capitol of every country. He can also tell you what you want to know about the solar system and the galaxy. He wants to be an astronaut and I am sure he will be.

5 Likes

Holy moly! Our 11 year plus is a high functioning autistic, and slightly ocd. As is my 10 year old nephew. Unbelievable!! They’re both going to be swat team members… we study astronomy in our house too, we have a very nice Orion Starblast 6I! What an amazing, affordable piece of equipment that is. And since we live way way out in the desert we have no light pollution.

These are just pics I snapped on my phone through the eyepiece on the TELE

6 Likes

Man that is amazing!!! If we werent so far apart, the kids would definitely be besties!!! Everything he got for Christmas was solar system related and a NASA jumpsuit!!!

5 Likes

So exciting! We do travel A LOT. Every weekend a new area. New national park, campground something. We found an old cabin secluded in the desert the other day while we were out 4 wheeling

5 Likes

That is WAY cool!!! If yo ever get towards OK, let me know!!! You on IG?

3 Likes

No social media, I don’t know if it’s okay to give my email out on here I’ll look into it

1 Like

You can always find me here. Every day!!

2 Likes