To FIM or Top- Goldleaf

Mostly pieced together parts and aspects from different frames & scrog setups to what meets my needs.
I like growing in them

1 Like

I like it too because I get to futz with them more haha.

1 Like

Exactly - I take them for a spin too.

1 Like

That’s my ultimate goal. I want these to be mobile so they can be moved between veg space and flowering space.

For outside… I envision big rubber wheels. That would be slick. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That is one beautiful plant bro :muscle::sunglasses: @Myfriendis410

1 Like

In the last week I attempted to murder my girls. Never do fertilizing when you are over tired. All are fine now, a little scarred but I flushed every single one. :roll_eyes:

Top of my gold leaf got a little crunchy but new growth seems fine.

Now is it time to FIM or top?

Thanks!

Here’s what I’d probably do: Supercrop and fim.

k… I am game… but what? lmao
Teach me like I am 4 and making my first PB&J. :crazy_face:
What is a super crop and fim mean?

1 Like

Very sorry. I did not read all of the posts and just blurted that out when I saw your initial question

Supercrop means to gradually squeeze, squish and twist a stalk woth your fingers and thumb until it rubberizes and then you can fold it over and lay it flat so that more of the branches get the max light. It causes the plant to lay sideways. Greatly increases yield

FIM is an intentionally missed topping off of the main top. It can turn a 2 branched topped plant result into a 3 or 4 branched plant.

RESULT

Supercropped and FIMmed

2 Likes

Well, crap. That is pretty cool! I also did some googling to pair with your information.
In regards to trying this, where abouts on the main stem should I try this?
FIM, well that one is the top so, I should be able to manage that. :laughing:

Thanks!

1 Like

Right or wrong, I bend them between the 1st and 2nd nodes.

1 node lower and the stem is too rigid. It would also be very hard to keep your knuckles out of the dirt.

1 node higher and you will end up bending her downward.

1 Like

@DogDays

Also, I was scared to try LST my first time, topping my first time and supercropping my first time.

Glad I took the plunge and did it in a progression one at a time per grow.

1 Like

I FIM’d the top this morning… Tomorrow I can try the other. Let you know how it goes. :smiley:

1 Like

@DogDays

You are bold!! So glad for you!

1 Like

Or foolish! But how does one learn without trying? Right? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It is done…

I have another question too… totally unrelated. I got and killed some aphids on my well into bloom autos. Can I still spray with the safer insecticidal soap? I am sure I missed some of the tiny suckers.
I do have deadbug too, but I think the IS is probably better in regards to the aphids.

Also… I side note… I am smelling pretty good right now… with the bending and smooshing aphids. lmao :laughing:

I’m ignorant on bug control but I’m sure someone knowledgeable will chime in in that

The answer is yes you can spray the safer insecticidal soap throughout your grow, but plan for a bud wash. I sprayed them this evening when the sun was starting to cool down.

I am amazed and impressed with how fast these plants can change direction.
Laid it over, now all the nodes are changing their orientation and pointing to the sun. Pretty damn cool.

Will post another pic in a few days after she has some time to adjust. :smiley:

I topped and super cropped and ended up with this monster.

I pulled about 18oz wet from half the plant and gave up. Now the other half is hanging to dry harvest.

1 Like