To Fim or not to Fim? A question of timing

My first ever grow. no LST whatsoever just to keep things as simple as possible. Since this is an auto, I know topping is not advised. Should I Fim? I’ve read that once budding starts it’s too late. I’m not sure where I’m at - it’s definitely a girl but I don’t see any actual buds yet. Am I too late? Too early? I have 4 good nodes (5 if your counting the single leaves at the bottom which are also showing signs of being female) She is an AK auto in Fox Farm Happy Frog. I have yet to add nutes other than CalMag since it’s only been a couple of weeks since transplant. I’m guessing I have a week or so left before I have to start nutes? I’m clueless.

1 Like

You can top an auto, but you do have to do it early.

1 Like

I’m probably too late for topping? She is going to be small, even for an auto since I left in the starter soil too long and she went awhile without nutrition. I’m mainly looking to learn with this grow so I thought I’d try something.

I still say it’s soon enough to top. Your call. Check @Not2SureYet’s journal, that’s all he grows.

1 Like

Perfect! Thanks for the link :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Covertgrower, if you think this will stay small. I would skip the topping adt at least get the one big Cola from her. All the sides should be nice as well. Even at 5 nodes there. I like to see mine a little taller. But at 5 nodes. I would think you would be safe. Even in soil.

2 Likes