To Dome or not to Dome?

@Supajew420
Up to now I have only grown autos. This is my first go at photos. I dropped 5 seeds on 4/2 (I didn’t want fools day to hex me) Shot glass, water, peroxide, bag and satellite receiver combo. 4/4 I put them in peat pots filled with good seed starter mix. Off to a covered tray filled with starter to support the pots.

The center one in the top row looks like a flamingo. No clue. Probably 0% chance. Front right is having trouble throwing its seed husk. Today I put them in 6" pots. FFOF on the bottom with more starter mix around them. I am planning on using a clear dome over the two odd balls. But not the other three. 2 have their first set of real leaves and the third has a good start on its second set. AGREE?

1 Like

I don’t use a dome and never will. I grow just fine without one. :+1:

3 Likes

Only on grow number 2, but I dont think u need a dome for seedlings unless ur ambient humidity is way low, or if ur cloning…but if it makes u feel comfortable then do it those little seeds love humidity lol

I don’t worry about humidity because this is South Texas where you feel like you crawled into someones Plumber Crack.

2 Likes

Oh brother tell me about it…I live in south Arkansas, bout 12 miles from Louisiana n like 1 hour from texas…its like a freaking jungle down here! The humidity in my house is usually not below 50% and most of the time it’s in the mid 60’s…same boat mr.peat

1 Like

You don’t need a dome if you are using a covered tray.

@MrPeat @MidwestGuy I don’t know if you have heard of Duluth Trading but their adds are hilarious
image image
I like to help any way I can

I moved them to 6" pots. I would dome them individually with clear plastic cups

Yeah I have heard of Duluth Trading. One of the places I looked at for gear when I did the Appalachian Trail in 2018. :+1:

I use a dome, it keeps any toxin from causing problems, I started adding co2 a couple of years, I use air stones to deliver it. I use Reactive CO2 Generator. From www.51co2.com It uses 2 2 liter soda bottles, one has sodium bicarbonate in one and citric acid in the other. The generator is around $25 and bought the sodium bicarbonate and citric acid in bulk on the internet. It also works great for cloning. Its been on the the best thing I added in years to get your Lady’s started right.

Are you doing a journal? I also have only grew autos , and want to start some photos

I hate Autos personally. I have two growing right now. One has flowers and the other is a little baby right now as she broke surface on April 10th. :+1:

1 Like

I may do a grow journal. The first couple of weeks are pretty boring. Once they are a little further along I will decide. Either way I take photos weekly and keep a pretty good journal.

1 Like

Tag me if u do, if u don’t mind

1 Like

I highly recommend a journal. Its a great teacher where many can give you input. :+1:

1 Like

I hadn’t thought of doing one in that regard. But you are right. Maybe with a regular journal a member may see something or bring something to my attention that needs to be addressed. I usually ask for help after the fact. Especially now with this being my first photos. Thanks

1 Like

If you have a journal which is updated daily with photos and if there is a problem, it can be caught early. Then get corrected.

1 Like

Not only for person doing journal but also for everyone following. :+1:

1 Like