To defoliate or not to defoliate? That is the question

And here’s my first scrog run indoors. I like to LST or mainline typically but I been wanting to try this and it looks pretty great to me. I still hate not being to take em out but we are in day 4 of flower and running on all cylinders. If you notice too the defoliating didnt even phase them. Light was a little close so I raised it up a bit. Also dont worry that cord isn’t on the floor :rofl:

I’m a firm believer in trimming your bush! I’m very vigilant on trimming off every fan leaf bigger than a closed fist once my plants are established…even once or twice after flipping to flower. I am also a big fan of manifolding/mainlining for a wider shorter plant…plants put on an abundance of leaves during ideal conditions not only to feed themselves but as a lifeboat, leaves can keep plants alive short term during drought they store energy…but in an indoor hydroponic setup where the plant is having its every need met constantly, I feel like the fan leaves are not needed, I go for maximum light penetration…I’m trying to grow buds…not leafy vegetation :sunglasses:

3 Likes