To cut or not to cut 🤔 this is my question

10 week ilgm master kush

![2022_07_13_09_33_17_115|281x500](upload://2GBQcsYxbaMNo2k2sv8ld2FXV7l.jp

Keep going or pull. Someone make my mind up lol.

2 Likes

I’d do water-only for two weeks as you are showing an N excess. If nothing else it will smooth out the finished smoke.

7 Likes

I would wait for a bit of amber to show up. Maybe a week, plus if you do the flush to reduce your N as @Myfriendis410 suggested, you are gonna have some nice smoke.

3 Likes

I’d wait another 1-2 weeks and flush with water.

Looks great!

3 Likes

Thank you all appreciate the input.
Standing by then and they have been fed hydroponic 3 part set up as i had to abandon my hydro attempt due to water temps. I assumed the nutrients would be rather week in the soil. Noted on the N excess. Thank you @Myfriendis410 @Bonjoyle

2 Likes

It’s pretty normal that late in flower. But it will contribute to a harsh smoke.

2 Likes

All good stuff from everyone above. :white_check_mark:
In the second pic (first close up bud) I see what looks like nanners in the tippy top. Too late in the grow to do any harm I think, but that is another indicator that she is ready anytime now.

2 Likes

Whats is this nanner you speak of? Never heard the term.

1 Like

If you wait a bit longer til the reddish pistils recede back into the bud. she will get plumpier.
l2SpK3rDMW5xa9rBC

3 Likes

Nanners are male parts that can appear due to light stress and/or other factors. They look different than normal male pods and actually look like bananas. They can potentially “self pollinate” the bud. Usually only a few seeds if any and they are next best to clones as they will produce replicas of the sole parent.
Here is some from a Bubba Kush auto I had.

I plucked 'em off as I found them. Took this much every few days for the last couple of weeks.

Oh, I got no seeds out of that BK. :wink:

1 Like

Hmmm. Noted thank you so “nanners” can be beneficial in that aspect. What if any are the problems they can cause?

1 Like

I guess it is a sort of trade off. If the plant gets pollinated, it puts all it’s energy into making the seeds. If it gets pollinated too early, yield and potency could be less as it concentrates on the seed production instead.
A friend had an auto that self-pollinated due to light issues and I got some of the bud. The smoke was ok but had a shit-ton of seeds. Some people say that there is a higher chance of getting hermaphrodites from these type seeds but so far they are just normal female, auto seeds.
Over a dozen seeds in this joint’s worth of bud.

3 Likes

The problem with getting nanners is that if its later in the bud development, which it normally is, the seed will not be viable. It takes quite a while for seed to ripen. When I want seed, I basically pollinate the bud near the beginning of bud formation, when all the girly hairs are white or pink… then it gives the seed plenty of time to ripen. The calyx pod should swell and some seed should be visible and some even falling from the bud before the seed is ready to harvest.

3 Likes

So could this be the cause of the trichomes. Not changing and buds not really fattening up anymore. Because it may be focusing on seeds. I have quite a few nanners over all. Not just that bud lol

1 Like

Pluck em if you find them. They can throw a wrench into a grow op.

Like said above, once pollenated, growth goes from maturing trichomes to seed development. Less good smoke, more seeds.