To chop or not. First outdoor harvest

If I don’t harvest this weekend, the earliest I’ll be able to harvest is the weeks of July 12 due to my schedule. Think it can wait 2.5 weeks? I’ve looked at pictures and guides but have a hard time telling if it’s ready since I’m a beginner and colorblind. This gorilla glue auto is going on 10 weeks since it sprouted. Buds don’t look very dense and a bit leafy. Not sure if this is due to maturity or just because this is the first time I’ve grown outdoors and I made some mistakes (started too early and it saw 40-50 degree weather, probably under watered, should have added nutes a little earlier in flowering. Appreciate your thoughts!

2 Likes

That should be ok to go another 2+1/2 weeks.

1 Like

Those trichomes are going to Amber soon. Keep an eye on it.

1 Like

The plant is foxtailing and the trichomes on the new growth will never turn amber, it will just keep producing new calyx on top of the old.

The trichomes further in may be amber but you’ll never know without close examination.

How long have your plants been in flower? If they have been flowering for 8 weeks or less I’d let the foxtailing to continue a while longer. If they have been in flower for 10 or more weeks the buds are probably done and you should chop it down.

1 Like

You have time still. Please don’t pull early as they probably have 1 month to go.

1 Like

Thanks, all. Sounds like I should let it go and keep an eye on it.

@CMichGrower its probably 6-7 weeks into flower.

1 Like