To All Us Vets! And the families!

To the Vet! Thanks for things many people will never understand!

To the wives and husband’s - Huge thank you because nobody understands more than the Vet exactly what you all bring to the table, the sacrifice, the fear and the struggles! Huge heart felt thank you!!!

The kids - many times the only real reason we made it through! Thank you!

Thank you all!!!

14 Likes

7 Likes

Thank you to you as well @Hawk00

Merlin44 EM-1 (SS) USN '75 - '81

9 Likes

Thank you @merlin44 :us: Enjoy your day my friend :wink:

5 Likes

Thank you @Missiles, we can always count on you for a morning pick-me-up.
Most years my sweetie thanks me and my brother-in-law (my sister’s husband) always calls me on veterans day. It makes a little bit emotional. :slightly_smiling_face:

When did you serve and what branch @Hawk00?

5 Likes

USN 99-10 Helicopter Search and Rescue
I learned a lot, lost a lot and lived through it all!
Super awesome memories with some super awesome people and a handful thay still stay in touch!

I chose the Navy because blue was my color and you don’t run in the Navy…so I thought. Next thing I know I am wearing all green and running on the beach wondering what happened

9 Likes

Not a lot of running aboard submarines. LOL

A few bumps on the head though. LOL

3 Likes

That’s what I did wrong…in the air vs underwater.

We are all crazy to sum degree right? I will take the air…you underwater guys are nuts.

5 Likes

Agreed, no argument there.

4 Likes

Can a Jarhead join this conversation? :grimacing: We know a lot about running and GREEN! :rofl: :rofl:
Sgt. Weapons Controller-2nd MAW- USMC- 80-86 OOOH-RAH!

11 Likes

Thank you for your service @Holmes

It looks like our tours over lapped just a little bit.

5 Likes

You are welcome my friend, and thank you also @merlin44 and you too @Hawk00! UH and hello @Missiles :grin: :sunglasses:

6 Likes

The general attitude toward military people and military veterans has certainly changed in the past 40 years. @Hawk00 @Holmes @Missiles

6 Likes

Thank you vets!

5 Likes

Rah! I did some CIV time with the Corps a few years back. Loved it- good times for sure-

3 Likes

Hello @Holmes :grin: I hope your having a very Stoney day yourself there :wink: and thank you very much for your service my friend :us:

5 Likes

Out of likes already, but thank you my-lady! I am pretty high :upside_down_face: I would gladly serve again should the need arise…not sure what a 58yo with two bad knees and a screwed up back could do…I still roll killer joints though! :smile:

7 Likes

Thank you to all Veterans for your service.

:cowboy_hat_face::pray:

6 Likes

@merlin44 what do you mean the attitude has changed?
I mean everything changes.

The demographic changes with time, that slowly alters the publics view on foreign conflicts.

The memories fade and thus so does the respect for veterans, who fought to uphold such freedoms that everyone in the allied world holds today.

Our planet is in a bad place currently and it may just take another conflict so close to everyone’s homes and hearts before memories are refreshed. Unfortunately.

I appreciate everyone who served on all the allied fronts be it Afghanistan, Korea, Vietnam, vimmy ridge, or any conflict that fought against tyrants

3 Likes

Im late but this is a cool thread. US army 52-D electrical engineer. 2000-2008 here. Thanks for all the support and people who have served.

3 Likes