Tissue culture ..MICROPROPOGATION...synthetic seeds.. amazing

Has anyone heard of tissue culture… preserving and optimizing genetics… growing plants in sterile environments with 0 water for months … now that’s amazing check this out and look these guys up… it’s way to much to retype… honestly I’m still reading about it …I’m sure some of yall will think this is pretty amazing

5 Likes

I like what you bring to the table, after the camel hash this incredible story…
First i thought good way to get the dilemma of seed propagation and hermie trait fixed but it is still just a clone… is it?

2 Likes

Just the rabbit hole I needed to go down this morning :wink:

Keep this here for finishing later

2 Likes

Yes, it’s a clone. But by doing multiple tissue cultures of an old elite cut you can rid it of any disease and bring back it’s vigor.

3 Likes

Cool thing about … you can take old seeds … even soaked and a no show… they can rejuvenate the embryo in the husk and force it to grow through same technique… amazing… also… there able to take a hole puncher size leaf sample and find male female WPM botritus and couple other traits …and there working on other signaling… …coolest thing I think is the synthetic seeds… they are basicly making lil clone pods with a tiny bit of a node in there sterile food liquid stuff…and basicly a seed size sample can be replicated millions of times and marketed to have garuntees… that’s just amazing just as I come to the conclusion of nothings guaranteed in mother nature…soon they will be COMPLETLY working up DNA chains and basicly building a desired plant… how cool would that be… go on a web site and choose your attributes and they build you a plant genetically superb and vigorous and disease free

2 Likes

Yeah this is something I’ve been looking into for a few years now. Just need more space to setup a lab and storage place for the cultures. I will be doing this, just a matter of time.

3 Likes

@Hellraiser And I may need to re home a child… crap attitude, messy AF and eats me out of house and home…will take out trash and bring in groceries tho

4 Likes

@PharmerBob Why did you shelter that kid in the first place?

1 Like

I swear I ask myself this atleast once a day… plenty of room in the shed next to the mower

1 Like

Poor bastard did you try talking to him, explaining the consequences of his behaviour?

@Hellraiser that is some really cool stuff… I had heard of ot but never did much digging still have alot alot alot of digging to go but very interesting

1 Like

Sorry I’m hijacking this thread with my shenanigans.

Has anyone figured out our dirty arses can play with this yet?

Very detailed

1 Like

always a pleassure to help :smiley:

1 Like

From what I’m reading here there’s no reason to buy the expensive 200$ kits when you/we can make the stuff ourselves at home.

Over the next few weeks I’ll hopefully find the time to put together a small area to attempt a culture or two.

First things first

• buy items to make media
  • buy containers to store media
  • get small aquarium to make sterilized working area
  • explain to wife how the insta-pot is now being used for my own projects

After that it’s just about setting things up so I don’t contaminate it in the process

I’d start taking bets on me contaminating the media before I ever begin

2 Likes

By all means hi jack away … I get a kick out of activity on my oddball topics… right on Bobert :wink:

3 Likes