Tips or advice ? First time grow

Strain: (2 bubble gum kush feminized & 2 random)

How many plants: (4)

Age from Sprout: (sprouted on october 1st "ish"2017)

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Medium & Size of Pots: (pro mix organic vegetable and herb)

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? I water every 4 to 6 days. (I either stick my finger in the soil a coulple inchs or i feel the weight of the pot. If its dry and light, i water.)

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir: ( i am using ph strips that only go down to 6.2 but from what i can see i put in at about 5.8 - 6.2 and the run off is always lower. Gonna order a ph tester when i make some doe.

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: ??? What is this lol

What brand and products of Nutrients are you using? Strength and how often? ( General hydroponics micro,grow & bloom. I am also adding some vegan plant booster from GH of course. and a bit of sugar shack(maple syrup-carbohydrates im not giving them to much(mild vegetative) and i only feed them when they look healthy and in good shape.)

Indoor or Outdoor:( indoor)

Indoor type and size of grow area or tent? Big walk in closet.

Light system, size and height from plants: (400 watt Sun System digital grow light (MH) & (HPS)

Temps; Day, Night: day: 24- 26 night:19-20

Humidity; Day, Night:n/a feels humid but gonna get a monitor asap

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: not really lol

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: no

Co2; Yes, No: window

I just want to grow some sticky dank sexy kush

4 Likes

Looks good @Nickrivard420 co2 isn’t needed unless it’s a commercial setting where there a lot of plants.

You shouldn’t need to feed too often with that soil may also need to veg longer so you’re able to have a more controlled flower cycle

1 Like

Thanks @Covertgrower and how much/often do u think i should be feeding them? @Donaldj no other advice anyone? Can i top them some more or lst at all? ?? I took off a few leaves

Looks really good! You can lst & top or fim at this point. Be very selective on pruning, just dying or lower fan leaves & branches that wont develop anyway. They need fan leaves for substance.

1 Like

You can top and lst all if them they look ready. The feedings depend on what you want for your plant. More nutes doesn’t always equate to bigger yields. For your first time I recommend giving nutes at maybe 1/2 strength your ladies look big enough that they need at least half strength for now. Every 7-10 days maybe then gradually increase the strength if needed watch your plant she will tell you if she needs more or less. Less is always better less problems in the end easier flush for a clean smoke. About 2 weeks before you switch to flower I would start decreasing the amount of nitrogen and uping the phosphorus gradually so there is minimal stress during the flowering transition. You still need nitrogen in flower but minimal your plant needs phosphorus during flower to make big buds. Oh and always water until at least 20 percent run off or you will run into pH problems.

1 Like

Is that going in or runoff @Nickrivard420

I recommend that if you are asking for help that you fill out a support ticket. Your girls look pretty good from what I’m seeing, but I like to get all the facts!

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

How many plants:

Age from Sprout and Flower:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Medium & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

What brand and products of Nutrients are you using? Strength and how often?

Indoor or Outdoor:

Indoor type and size of grow area or tent?

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

2 Likes

@Laurap @Usmcjojo i already started topping a long time ago. Was just wondering when i should stop? And alright i will start lst a bit @bob31 my ph is 5.8-6 going in

1 Like

If your growing in soil that’s way to low 6.3 to 6.8 is your soil zone 5.5 to 6.1 is the hydro sweet spot. As for the topping I would stop two weeks before you flower so that the plants can start the process with minimal stress.

2 Likes

Just saw your soil your pH is definitely to low.

1 Like

Please do the support ticket @Nickrivard420

When you’re limited on fresh air circulation, simply spending time in the room can raise co2 levels.

1 Like

@dbrn32 “i pretty much live with them :p” thanks everyone and @Usmcjojo i will post a pic of whats in the soil… “@bob31 i havnt had time to and i domt realy know how :s prettt new to this but i wil try”

Its not really soil if u think about it ? Corect me if i wrong

1 Like

@dbrn32 do i have a point about the “soil” ? What do u think my ph should be at ?

1 Like

I used same stuff a year ago since I was growing mother plants in it I didn’t fuss too much about the time release aspect I also didn’t have to feed my plants for nearly 3 months they were quite healthy and happy with a little ph corrected water. And you are right it isn’t really soil it is soil/less however it can pose issue when you want to flower if you haven’t mostly depleted the soil by then so don’t try and flower in it too early as I said above N actually retards bud development and you don’t want the time release ferts costing you yield

2 Likes

Thanks @Donaldj i see what your sayin

1 Like

@Donaldj @Usmcjojo

1 Like

I know that @bob31and @Donaldj use stuff more similar to that, they are going to be your best resources. I grow in what is essentially ammended dirt and it’s treated differently than what you have.

Actually I use soil. But I’m getting pretty educated on all of the soiless mixes.

That isn’t soil. but the water/ nutrient mix pH needs to be 5.8 @Nickrivard420

1 Like

Perfect thanks !! @bob31

1 Like