Tips on where to trim?

Hi all,
im a relatively new grower and was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on where to trim or how to optimize my plant for yields. Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

You need to fix that cal mag deficiency. And for better yields, you should have topped your plant more to keep it short and more tops. I also suspect that you need better lighting.

2 Likes

I dont see anything that needs trimming. I agree with needing more light.
I do think you need a better way of monitoring your pH. Those crappy probes are worthless. Something is def amiss. I dont think its calcium or magnesium. Tips look burnt, but the leaves are looking hungry.

Can you fill out a support ticket?
COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner

1 Like
  • Sour diesel
  • Method: organic soil w handfull of perlite
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths: cloth pot
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable): pH water to ~6.3
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable: drop of FoxFarm nutrient every now and again. very dilute
  • Indoor
  • Light system : 2000W Vander Full Spectrum
  • Temps; unknown
  • Humidity; unknownt
  • Ventilation system; no
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, NA
  • Co2; NA

Yeah, I would suspect a ph issue as well.

What pH meter would you recommend? and methodology? am I measuring it incorrectly?

If you’re using that prong probe, it will not be accurate enough for pH. Are you measuring pH just before watering or feeding? Adding nutrients to water will drop the pH drastically.

Apera makes some great pH meters, ive got the ph-60, but there are cheaper ones.

Measuring the water runoff for pH and ppms after feed/watering can give you a glimpse as to what your plant needs now, or in the future

2 Likes

I do it all before watering using this:Amazon.com

Im not sure what else I should be doing

1 Like

That should be fine. Just making sure you werent using that prong for pH measurement.

Do you catch and measure your runoff?

catch yes, measure no.

ill give it a go real quick

Dont water yet if it doesnt need it.

If you have distilled or ro water on hand you can do a slurry test, (which is even more accurate).

is that just grabbing a handful of dirt and mixing it in some water and measuring that?

1 Like

Essentially yes.

2 good tablespoons from around the root area. At least 2”-3” down, (dont rip through the roots). Mix really really well with 3-4oz distilled or ro water, (regular water wont work). Let sit 15-20, then measure.

1 Like

also, is filtered water the same thing as distilled/ro?

Brita type filtered? No
The ppms of the water need to be as close to zero as possible. More than 5-10 and It wont work as well.

1 Like

oh. oh dear.

i will have to make a distiller ig

You can buy distilled water at most stores. Its not expensive. Or, if you want to make your own ro water, this is great, inexpensive and easy to connect
https://www.amazon.com/Aquatic-Life-Reverse-Osmosis-100-Gallon/dp/B00DOG63OY?th=1

1 Like