Tips For the Tincture Curious

Of course… it’s very common. I hear a lot about the alcohol tincture really burning when used sublingualy

I’ve read that too, some people will mix a few drops with a shot of water or onto their food.

When I make my first batch I’ll try to remember to make a post about it. :+1:

2 Likes

It’s not wax or dab, unless it’s dabbable. :grinning:

The edibles and tincture grade goo is FECO or just decarbed concentrate. If it’s made with a certain solvent and cooked down over high heat, it’s RSO.

2 Likes

And cause stomach upset and headaches.

1 Like

I don’t understand. Isn’t that basically drinking everclear with weed? Do you get both the alcohol and weed buzz? Or is it all different kind of high? Maybe I’d like to try that

I’ve been smoking for 50 years but just like regular joints. It being legal here has opened up all sorts of new things, some of which are WONDERFUL. Like concentrates, love them. But can’t find a dose of edibles that helps me out at all. Tinctures sound promising, but are they like drinking?

Hey Debbie,

I’m no expert, but I don’t think I feel anything from the alcohol because I take .5-1ml at a time. And my wife does even less(like 3-5 drops mixed with water). I think the alcohol is used to pull the THC from the plant matter and then when you ingest the tincture, you get the affects of marijuana without having to smoke it.

That’s all I was going for at least. Not looking to get high and drunk simultaneously lol

Thanks, I’m new to this kind of stuff but I’m looking to grow something and make concentrates as I need something for pain and insomnia. But this looks promising

Thanks again,
Debbie

You can always cook the alcohol off leaving the thc

1 Like

Been using alcohol for many years now. One trick is add about a third or so of a lower proof more flavorful liquor. It helps. But to me it always tastes like “bong water”. My wife loves it. I’m not much of a drinker. Prefer cookies, we made a bunch of canibutter last year.

2 Likes

No doubt, I had started a tincture jar and then kinda forgot about it for 4 months, very strong but tastes horrible from the chlorophyll. Next time just a quick soak.

Is it normal to still be high the next day? My tincture does that to everyone that tries it - it’s like a 24 hour high, very strange to wake up still stoned with red eyes LOL.

2 Likes

LOL… it depends on how strong the edibles are… I’ve made some for my hubby and he wakes up the next morning saying “I think I’m still stoned” hahaha…

1 Like