Tips for smell?

I have a carbon scrubber, but smell seems to linger when I open the tent and it’s not even flowering! Just hoping there are some cool little tips you guys can give me to reduce smell or cover it up. Cheers all, happy growin’

most setup rooms with an airlock duel doors between grow space and other rooms in house but the smell usually lingers on us more than in outer rooms because we touch disturb and move around our plants.

3 Likes

If you have the filter scrubbing the air as it leaves the tent, then when you open the tent of course it’s goin to linger in the air, you broke the “seal” the tent had of not letting the smell out of the tent when you opened it.

2 Likes

I guess so… I was thinking some old growers trick like coffee beans or some shite, seems like I’ll have to ask elsewhere though lol
I just recalled a cop film saying “it’s an old coo trick, burnt coffee beans hides the smell of a dead body” so I hoped you guys might have something similar for plants.

Yeah I do another carbon filter in the room that your tent is in that’s what I had to do had to use a tarp and built a tent but a carbon filter in it and then put my tent inside my tent . so I have a carbon filter in the tarp tent and a carbon filter in the tent zero smell goes through the house my wife had no clue till a month ago it sucks to do but it works

1 Like

You can try a bowl of white vinegar which is suppose to take away smells in a room.

1 Like

It’s a good idea for flower, going to be an absolute savage pain as theirs nothing to hook tarp up to. :confused: bet it works an absolute treat though. I’m really considering letting these veg 2 months and start the 2 biggest flowering seperatly. Decision decisions man.

I for one have carbon filter in all my tents and another in my grow room for just this situation lol
When I’m working with the girls and tents are open it doesn’t stink up my whole house
I don’t mind but Wifey doesn’t care for the smell

2 Likes

That’s why use a staple gun to put it up it’s a pain in the ass but it really works well I think if you look up my chronic widow you should be able to see how I have my stuff set up

1 Like

If you don’t have an exhaust. It does help to turn the fans off to minimize the smell distribution while it’s open. You can always build or construct a small air lock. I chose to build a room in side a room.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

All the air into the room goes through a hepa filter built into the side. Half the air is directed right to the plants the rest into the room surrounding the tent. The air around the room passes through another filter before being pulled into the tent. Then all the air is pull past the plants and up to the top of the tent and exhausted to the roof.

Maintaining the negative draw pulls the smelly air into and out of the grow room.

Originally I was going to build it sideways to create an airlock room but it took up too much space.

2 Likes

I also have my tents in a tent lol with and extra carbon filter set up I believe our setups are similar @Hogmaster I use black 2 mil plastic is the only difference and stapled it to my ceiling and walls as a vapor Barrier :cowboy_hat_face::v::+1:
Like minded bro :+1: Love it haha

They sound almost identical because that tarps have the silver on one side blue on the other stapled it to the ceilings the walls just made a box full of 4 x 8 sheet of plywood on the floor lifted it up some and then put my tent in there and like you I have a carbon filter in my tent and one in my tarp tent LOL great minds think a like

2 Likes

Mines more for security reasons, would be a lot worse than sleeping on the sofa for a night or two lol when building a room I will without a doubt do this, super duper hoping I can get through this grow without it stinking the house out… saying that it’s bad enough now and they are in veg! Uber sticky trunk to. Guess il figure something out, have done so far thanks to you guys, love ya.

1 Like

I bought a giant roll of black plastic too. I went with the foam to further dampen the sound. I thought about buying another larger tent but putting it in the wall seemed like more stealthy option. I also added a 4" PVC pipe with a shutoff valve. Once it’s time to harvest I connect a rubbermaid container via some 4" pvc directly to the tent intake or the exhaust pipes the suction pulls the air through the container drys the buds. I will send you a picture once I hook it up. I also covered the outside with peg board and hung up all my tools. Stealthy

2 Likes

Very cool yeah please tag me when you post a picture @Astrocreep I’m not to stealthy lol
You see a big plastic wall as soon as you walk into my basement but I’m not hiding it just trying to contain the smells :+1:

1 Like