Tips for smell-proof grow tent

Are you tired of the odors from your grow tent escaping to the rest of your house? Well then don’t worry because here we are going to be showing you exactly how to smell-proof a grow tent, so you don’t have to deal with any sorts of smells coming from the plants you are growing. if you are growing plants like cannabis that have a distinct and pungent smell. And so if you don’t want your house smelling like them, then here is how to smell-proof a grow tent. And so you can ensure that no matter what you are growing, it will not stink up the rest of your house as well.
These three factors will help you to smell proof your grow tent easily.
Carbon Filters
Ventilation system
Controlling the Temperature and Humidity Inside the Grow Tent

5 Likes

Welcome to the community ! I would like to add also maintain negative pressure inside tent.

4 Likes

8" fan/filter out. I have a 6" carbon in. Dusty here in panhandle. 4x8 flower tent. Humidity sits low always. I gave up regulating it and regulate plants instead. 40-50% rh always. Sounds low but works well. Ac/dehumidifier unit in window of room. 75-80 lights on. 65 or so off. The fan is dimmable and if fired up will suck the tent together…lol. NO smell at all in flower. PLEASE buy a good filter. Cheap is just that…cheap. Bought a cheapie once…might as well have had no filter.

5 Likes

Get ur self a good carbon filter if u pay that little bit more its worth it

4 Likes

AC Infinity and Phresh filters work the best, imho.

5 Likes

I just now asked on my thread, is there not a filter that does not cut airflow in half?! Im venting to outside currently, but not sure if I can do that all winter. If we had extreme cold etc. Have the filter that came with a spider farmer kit, zero flow!

What filter do you suggest in a 6"?

Welcome, and thanks for checking out my thread. Its becoming a free for all type thing. Fun and tons of good info by all members. Of course in the shadows, is my grow! :laughing:.

1 Like

I bought a 6" Can Fan Max Fan and a Can Fan Can-Lite Carbon Filter in June 2020. Has run 24/7 since then. Maybe down for a week or two for clean up between grows. No odor that I can smell

1 Like

air flow restriction ?

I use it in a 3x3 tent which also has a TerraBloom intake fan. Have no idea if is is restricted or not. It works and keeps my 8x14 space odor free.

2 Likes

I apologize for necroing this thread, but I was wondering how long a good carbon filter lasts, also how effective are they at eliminating the smell, and is there any benefit to going up a size in carbon filter, such as using a 6” instead of a 4” in a 2x4 tent?

Basically I’m just trying to figure out how best to insure I can avoid “the talk” about the smell with my wife, and if that means going with a larger filter, I’ll happily pay the extra cost. :smile:

This is especially important to me, as if I find growing enjoyable, I definitely will be adding a couple more tents (I had been planning on a 4x4’, as I’ve got the room, but I’ve had multiple back surgeries, have very limited mobility and suffer from severe and chronic back pain, so after watching a bunch of plant care videos, I decided to rethink my plans, and now am leaning toward a 2x4’ tent, so my plants are in a single row, at least once they get larger. I’d love a tent that was say 2 or 3 feet deep, and 6 to 8 feet wide, but sadly those aren’t an option.)

U can use a 6inch carbon filter and exshust system i would look at AC Infinity systems or vivosun exhaust systems u just need to find one that suits ur needs and a good carbon filter should last for three to four grows or longer im really not sure how long they last but i know u only need the carbon filter when ur plants are flowering so ur carbon filter should last for quite awhile

2 Likes

Mine is stinking at end of 2nd grow. But that is for 8 months running non stop. Next time im not using for veg haha

1 Like

@Storm are there brands u recommend? Or brands u can say to stay away from?

1 Like

@Aussie_autos yeah I feel like I’m starting to smell things outside the tent. On my 4th autoflower grow. Guess maybe I need a new filter already. seems too short a time but I guess several months is average for a filter?

You can buy another one or u can go to the aquarium shop and by active carbon for ur filter depending on what type of filter you have there should be four screws or four pop rivots you take them out and replace it with new carbon it depends on what u want to do and whats the easiest for you

2 Likes

@Aussie_autos cool thank you!

1 Like

No worries

No real brands. BUT if it is the cheapest in the list…shrug. as for fast degrading just use it when in later flower. No need in start through stretch. I hook up when smell starts not before.

1 Like