Tips brown/yellow and curling, brown/yellow leaves

ILGM Super Skunk

I have a new round going and I am in my 14th week of grow and 5 wks of bloom yesterday.
Tips are brown and curling leaves are browning/yellow.
I know some of this will happen closer to harvest (leaves yellowing) but seems early.
300 watt Kind just on this plant.
1/2 strength nutes. FF dirty dozen, kelp,holly mackerel and calmag is what I use as called for. I feed nutes then around of water then nutes then water ect.
I have used the calmag at 1/2 mix per gal a few times latetly as I thought this could be a issue.

I have filled out a support ticket

Strain; Type, Bag Seed, Or Na
ILGM Super Skunk

Soil In Pots, Hydroponic, Or Coco?
50/50 FFOF and Happy Frog soil in fabric 5 gal bags

System Type?
Soil

Ph Of Runoff Or Solution In Reservoir?
Ph 6.3 ish

What Is Strength Of Nutrient Mix? Ec, Or Tds
Mixing at 1/2 strength Fox Farm dirty dozen plus cal mag and Kelp. Weekly schedule for soil. It works out usually that I water every other day and I either go 2 watering of nutes then water or water nutes water, again half strength.

Indoor Or Outdoor
In

Light System, Size?
300 w Kind

Temps; Day, Night
Low 70 high 79, It is usually 79 when I close door before light goes off and has got as high as 82

Humidity; Day, Night
31 to 35
Ventilation System; Yes, No, Size
yes, intake, exhaust, 3 fans (1 osculating, 1 6" on floor, 1 10" on wall) constantly and 1 at the door during light hours. does the job
Ac, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
De humidifier

Co2; Yes, No
no

Room is 6’H x 6’L x 5’W

Add Anything Else You Feel Would Help Us Give You A Most Informed Answer. Feel Free To Elaborate, But Short, To The

Questions And Facts Will Help Us Help You 

Thank You for your time and input.

5 Likes

I am tagging all of you looking for some help, I hope you dont mind and if you do I am sorry,… If you dont mind Thank You.
Have a nice J

@repins12
@monkman
@Hellraiser
@Bulldognuts
@Davyg
@latewood
@dbrn32
@Cannabian
@Covertgrower

2 Likes

looks great to me freakyz. you are about half way thru flowering and u still have lots of fan leaves. i do see some yellowing of lower leaves but that is gonna happen now. and the leaves look thick enough that you are not going to be losing much by taking off the yellowing leaves. i am on my 4th grow and the last grow was the first time i have been able to keep leaves from yellowing badly. i did so by adding some “grow” nutes with nitrogen in them. but fact is, the plant will eat it’s fan leaves and in nature it does that so i quit with the grow nutes about half way thru which is where you are at now.

i would just start trimming the leaves and continue on. if you don’t want to do that you can add some nitrogen but i don’t really think you need it

3 Likes

you should be aware…Happy Frog is prefertilized. Even at 50% mix…still feeding nutes. Adding more, can be overdose. It also runs out of goodies after two + months.
However, buds look great…but leaves are not as emerald green as they could be. Might want to up that slowly.
good luck

3 Likes

After I mix my soil I only use PH water the first 5 weeks or so before I give nutes so I may not be waiting long enough.

What would help get the green back?

Thank You for your time.

try a worm castings add…ask the local grow store staff for suggestions. buy small to make sure it is what you need.

1 Like

Ya I have not trimmed any leaves for a week or so on her … I have been trimming since it seams like day one LOL. The SS is a very bushy plant or this one was.
Some nights I have finished my nightly regiment and laugh at how naked they all look.
I will trim tonight.

Thanks for your input

Would one of my FF nutes do the job ?
Maybe just water with Big Bloom mixed full rather then half strength or up the big bloom when I mix my nutes ?

TY

I’m thinking those lower leaves are dying off from lack of light. Your upper leaves look fairly healthy. You’ve got a little burn on the tips of your healthy leaves. I’m not seeing any serious deficiencies. I see your ph is coming out at 6.3 so you shouldn’t be having lockout. Like @monkman I’m only on my 4th grow so I can’t be sure that there’s not a serious issue. You’ve tagged some people that may be able to help more.

2 Likes

I have 6.3 ish as my watering PH going in , I have never really watered enough to get a good run off. I will get a side high runoff (3" down in the soil) but no lower through soil runoff.I guess I worry about wet soil and root rot and mold so I probably water JUST enough Lol. I have some clones and have not watered them in a few days as the soil meter says wet.

This is my second grow and I apprecate your input… Everyones.

TY

I have 6.3 ish as my watering PH going in , I have never really watered enough to get a good run off. I will get a side high runoff (3" down in the soil) but no lower through soil runoff.I guess I worry about wet soil and root rot and mold so I probably water JUST enough Lol. I have some clones and have not watered them in a few days as the soil meter says wet.

This is my second grow and I apprecate your input… Everyones.

TY

Just a little tip burn no biggie, usually a sign to back off the nutes a little, make sure you are following the flush schedule with FF nutes.

4 Likes

I only use 1/2 strength nutes at full strength they might burst into flames, lol. I will flush tonight with sledgehammer

Thank You

2 Likes

[quote=“freakyz, post:13, topic:51131, full:true”]
I only use 1/2 strength nutes at full strength they might burst into flames, lol. I will flush tonight with sledgehammer

Thank You

1 Like

this may be part of what you are seeing, you have older plant sitting in older soil that has been watered incompletely several times. In all likelihood, what has happened is a build up of salts due to the fertilizing. I would guess if you were to water with ph water completely and slowly until a few cups of water could be collected, the truth of the matter would be known.
What you may have going on is either an imbalance of nutrient caused by residue or a ph issue. At this point it doesnt look critical but it is worth a check. Its easy to do, so why not do it?

4 Likes

I think you have a vpd issue, and maybe issue with how you’re watering too. Vpd issue can be fixed by getting your rh up. And I second feedings and waterings should be done with a thorough soaking of pot and then allowed to dry out.

I also noticed some staining on the corner of your wall. If that is potentially mold or mildew you will want to get it cleaned up stat.

4 Likes

I will do a complete watering tonight and post results.

Ty

What is Vpd ?

I will do a complete watering and post my results.

Probably one reason I dont soak my soil as I worry about root rot. I have thought easier to give moisture then take it away. probably not right but thats my wrong thinkin.

The wall is dry and no mold discolored but moisture and mold free.

Thank You for your input and your time

1 Like

I see a little nute burn as well. VPD is vapour pressure deficit. Which is the relationship between heat and humidity. Here’s a little reading for you :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yup, vapor pressure deficit. You can download chart to keep it simple.

You won’t get something like root rot from a single watering. That happens when roots are kept so wet they don’t get any oxygen. You can essentially apply 10x more water than plants need in single watering as long as they are allowed to dry out before watering again.

3 Likes