Tip of plant (flowering) is brown?

What would cause the tip of my plant to turn brown and die out? And should I trim it? If so how?

1 Like

Almost looks like early stages of bud rot. Looks like plants outside. My area we’ve had rain ever evening and high humidity which up the change of bud rot. Look closer see if you might see a caterpillar or something.

1 Like

Damn something is eating them from inside, kind of worms or something. They will suggest you to trim the damaged part.
Please wait for experts opinions.

1 Like

Yeah…no bugs or worms around… :bug: it has been very wet here… rain…every evening it’s a total down pour most of the time they stay covered but still get moist from trapped humidity and the few times I didn’t get them covered… so I was thinking beginning stages of bud rot… how should I clip it?

1 Like

I will tag veteran growers. They will explain you how to do it.

@Hellraiser @Myfriendis410 @cannabian

I would definitely clip it off mist around the area fifty-fifty water an peroxide an hope you don’t see no more.

2 Likes

Here is a few better pics!!! Thanks for helping… what do I do with peroxide and water ?

Looks like bud rot. Will need to cut off and discard all affected buds, can’t smoke that mold or spores and do the water/peroxide spray down to wash off spores, and will need to try to keep her dry or more will come.

4 Likes

It’s only the very top affected… do I put the mix in a spray bottle and spray the entire plant?

1 Like

Just use clippers and clip bud or the stem the bud is connected to?

1 Like

Yes mix an use spray bottle and it won’t hurt to mist the whole plant I would get rid of all of the affected area. Also @Myfriendis410 is the go-to guy at Harvest time if you would like to do a bud wash.

2 Likes

I just ordered my jewelers loupe so I won’t even begin to now how close I am… it’s 8wks today… I know some buds are just know beginning but I sure I will harvest my main cola before the others…

I also just got my ph meter and tds/ec meter… cause it’s started to yellow a lil… so I’m hoping I hit at least 3 more weeks so I’ll have time to get my buds bigger… my stuff will be here Monday

Can you direct a fan on the plant or bring it in when it rains?

Also a good defoliation (carefully) can open plant up to reduce retained moisture. Spraying with peroxide and distilled water is excellent: 2 Tablespoons in a quart of distilled will disinfect plant with no harm but does leave water as a residue that needs to evaporate away.

2 Likes

The only light I have inside is a 75w and I’m afraid it isn’t strong enough

What is the best way to defoliate?

Remove any shade leaves with scissors, and remove the effected bud chunk. Do NOT dicard bud chunk! You want to disect it and look for any sign of an eensy weensy worm or caterpillar. You may think you dont have em but??? Then sterilize your scissors and do a spray with alchohol and water mix. If you have a small fan you can aim at it :wink: that will really help.

2 Likes

Alcohol and water or peroxide and water

I’ve never done alcohol and water but understand that it works. It’s more aggressive than peroxide and remember that THC is soluble in alcohol if too strong.

Bringing plant inside when raining and keeping 75 watt light over it when it is sounds fine to me. Keeping dry and a fan on trumps a bit of lower light IMO.

2 Likes

Well I removed all affected bud… I defoliated fan/shade leaves… and sprayed with peroxide and water solution… I’ve been able to keep it dry for the past week… and will start to bring it in when it rain and keep lighting and fan on…

1 Like