Tip Burn: ILGM Black Widow Fem (Flower)

Planted 4/11, currently in the beginning of week 4 of flower. In coco coir and clay pebbles at the bottom of 3.9 gallon pots. Water once daily (although I’m now going to do 2x daily with less water) with up to 20% runoff. Ph: about 5.8-6.1, it ranges. EC runoff: 650 today (average about 1200-1400 when I feed, 800 ish when I water).

Nutes: technaflora success kit, 1/4 strength for the whole grow up until recently, 2 weeks ago when I increased it to 1/2 strength. I was watering more, but the pattern never changed. (Feed, water, water) I also have recharge, brix molasses, sugar daddy, and terpinator. So Saturdays I use those products (although I use sugar daddy and terpinator with the feedings) I have ff beastie bloomz, but won’t use that till next week

2×4 tent, lights can’t go higher but they are dimmable. 450w/BESTVA Dimmable Pro4000 LED Grow Light. 81°f/50%rh. The height from the lights varies from 7 inches to 14 ish.

4 Likes

Looking good in there Growmie :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

I appreciate it :pray:t4: 2nd official grow. Im learning so much right now…

5 Likes

Welcome to the community keep up the good work plants look great.

2 Likes

Look great.

2 Likes

@Redfoxx1989 Flowers look excellent!! Welcome to the Forum!! :+1:t2::green_heart::+1:t2::green_heart::sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome! That little bit of burned tip is just right.

4 Likes

I appreciate the feedback! I just don’t want the burn to creep up the leaves. I won’t be increasing nutes, just 1/2 strength for another month. I think they’ll be good to go by mid August.

@Redfoxx1989 Painted Nails is perfect. Pushed her to her threshold but not over. Demand more from her lol!!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard!! As others have said, a tiny bit of burn during flower is a good site. She’s taking all she can. Looks great! My black widow I harvested a free months ago was a really great smoke! Good luck and happy growing!!!

3 Likes

Thanks for the input of everyone, I was mindful of her threshold this week, but ive noticed her EC runoff is higher than Bruce Banner… when watering 2x with only ph water after feeding, she’s around the 1100 mark while Bruce is about 600. They feed/water on the same schedule. Is that bad?

Also, end of week 4 for her as well:

2 Likes

@Redfoxx1989 it may just be telling you she’s eating more or has a better root system in general than the BB. The BB requires less at feeding time then what you’ll want to bump her up to. Can you make separate solutions specific to each one’s needs?

1 Like

I can. I’ll start tonight… Bruce Banner will be hungry if i give any more waterings without nutes. So ill continue watering black widow while feeding BB.

@Redfoxx1989 i betcha BW wouldn’t complain about say a 1/4 feeding. 1100 isn’t crazy and her P&K are important now.

1 Like

17 days has past, here is the updated pics:
I’m experiencing nanners and foxtailing this week. (Start of Week 7)

2 Likes