Tiny White Larvae Swimming in my AC Infinity Base

I just watered my plants and noticed these tiny white larvae darting quickly on top of the water in my Ac infinity self watering bases. I only see them in 1 of my 2 plants in the tent. Are these fungus gnats? Any help is appreciated. I’d like to upload the video I took, but not sure how.

1 Like

1 Like

They look like termites!!

2 Likes

Can you get a close up pic??

2 Likes

That’s the best picture I could get. They have claws I think

2 Likes

Termites!!

2 Likes

2 Likes

These larvae are almost microscopic in size. And they are swimming laps around my watering base. I appreciate your input. Now I feel like

2 Likes

2 Likes

That is my guess!!

3 Likes

I had gnats in last summer and the larvae were a little different, little more worm shape, longer thinner shape. Energetic and lively, wiggling around. I found them wiggling just under the surface of wet soil.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: When did termite larvae become aquatic?

2 Likes

This is the first time that I’ve seen these throughout the last 3 months of grow. I recently started adding Mammoth P microbes and black strap molasses. I’ve also added Natures living soil flower girl top dressings and teas. I wonder if all these microbes I’ve been adding hatched some eggs. Or maybe I created a new microbe by mixing all these different strains?

1 Like

Theyre not, theyre just dumb. Many insects will lay eggs near moisture, later to be drowned and some survive. Some escape the water. Three termite species nest differently.
I’m not convinced termites yet either. I’ve never seen one though.

1 Like

New microbe haha imagine, selective breeding there. Adding wet fertile things on top might kick start something that wasn’t a problem.
Letting the top soil dry out (I know dammit not good for soil life) can ruin their homes, whether it’s subterranean mites or gnats. When my humidity went from 50s to 30s, opened up my plants with training and got wind and light on my soil, they started to disappear. . The only way I know to fight them is to ruin their environment

Hey I say dammit for frustration with myself for having to do that. Not swearing at you pal!

I just searched the internet for other possibilities. I think they could be symphylans. They have a very similar appearance and they are pests that eat roots.

2 Likes

Gross! I hope I never see that in real life

20230302_135106
This is it zoomed in. Notice the antenna like features.

1 Like

pretty close to the center pic

2 Likes