Tiny white bugs and a black bug with a red mark

High,
I finally got a half way descent picture of the tiny bugs. I also found a little black bug with a red mark. Got away before a pic. What will help me get rid of these? I consider myself a beginner so all the help is appreciated.
Thanks
Ger

Uploading: 566F41F3-C9BB-4317-8A4D-27ACE084C330.jpeg…

2 Likes

They look like thrips to me! :nerd_face:
What would you say @Covertgrower?

If you can rinse them thoroughly with clear water and then spray them with insecticidal soap 3 times a week, that might help a little… You could try some neem oil also and I’m sure the others will chip in with their remedies for those little bastards!

Great. I will rinse and spray. I have a farmer friend he has insecticide will that work?
Ger

Some of them works well, like Azamax, I don’t really know that much more… I had one infestation 2 grows ago and it was a real pita to get rid of… @Hoppiefrog helped me with it! :nerd_face:

And, if possible, never spray anything on your girls when they are flowering…

I would try and be organic as possible. Companion plants, neem oil, and ladybugs which eat smaller insects and their eggs. I wouldn’t want to stress my plant by feeding it chemicals.

2 Likes

Aphids unfortunately.

3 Likes

How can he get rid of them?

Captain Jacks, or diatomaceous earth will help. Regular applications suggested.

2 Likes

I agree spinosad is probably the best tool for a human consumable. Dr zymes may work too I haven’t tried yet

1 Like

High,
Alright I got me some and I am on it tonight. Thanks all I appreciate your help
Ger

1 Like

High,
Here is my updated pic. After two super toppings and adding the net. Thanks for your help!
Ger

2 Likes

Not thrips! Aphids! Pretty easy to kill, however, if you have a shitload of them in the area, they can be a bitch to control.

You may want to fill a sprayer with safers soap? Its pretty safe. I would recommend spraying just after sundown like dusk. Spray the entire plants, get them dripping in it, undersides of leaves and everything. Let that sit overnite working its magic.

1 Like

Here’s an updated pic. I “de-bugged” and super cropped again and added a net. Thanks for your help.

Ger

3 Likes

Nice maters! Oh, make sure you repeat the be bugging in about 5 days! The bugs lay eggs, you wanna make sure you kill the babies. If it was my dope Id hit em 3 times over the course of 2 weeks. Then rinse with fresh water in a spray bottle to get the residue off. Bybthen you will be in flower and spraying with anything wont be a great idea.
Oh since you show me yours Ill show you mine!
Behold!!! The holy tree of garlic!

4 Likes

Garlic is good! Nice

1 Like

Looking great! Nice job!

I just had the first tomato tonight! It was excellent thanks to happy fog and green fields which I’m not using to grow with. :joy:

1 Like

You could grow a shoe into a tree!

1 Like

I used Humboldt Flower Shield this year I haven’t seen any aphids or Thrips even the spiders are not webbing my leaves, it’s a little pricey but worth it plus it doesn’t burn you’re plant’s

1 Like