Tiny Bit of Yellow on Seedling Leaves

This just started today. You can see yellow on the leave in the first picture pretty clearly, and there seems to be just a tiny amount in on the edge of the leaf pointing to the east in the second picture (the stuff on the cotyledon is just a little bit of dirt).

I was already planning on transplanting these to 1 gallon containers tomorrow. So far they’ve had nothing but Happy Frog, and 6.0 ph water. Should I start giving them small amounts of nutrients, or will the Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil I’m planning on using be enough for now? Anyone have any idea what’s going on?

3 Likes

I think they look happy and healthy. Having said that I think they will benefit from the larger pot. FFOF should have enough nutrients in it to get you well into veg before you need to add ant nutrients.

3 Likes

Your looking pretty great, actually. Do you mist your seedlings? It might just be a bit of light burn if so.

No nutrients until at least 4 weeks after your last transplant. FF Happy Frog has plenty of nutes. Seedlings don’t need any nutrients at all. The little rounded leaves take care of that.

2 Likes

You don’t think there’s an issue with the little yellow / flaking spots in the first picture? I use a watering can and give them a little water every night.

They look pretty happy to me. New growth is what you want to monitor, and they look like they are putting up nodes pretty quickly.

2 Likes

Very nice seedlings I would transplant those girls to bigger pots. At this point the only thing holding them back is the starter cups. Good luck

2 Likes

I’m am having the same problem with my clone. I was going to transplant it but am worried I’ll cause it more stress, it’s got some spots on the droopy leaf and also a yellow leaf towards the bottom. The soil is happy frog and it has the perlite mixed in also. Any tips on if I should transplant now to actual pot or wait until the spots are gone? What are the brown spots caused from??

I am far from being an ‘expert’ on the subject but,even using the magnifier in ease of access I cant see anything wrong…one thing you may want to keep in mind is root-binding…I have had seedlings become root bound,in 16 oz cups,when the actual plant was 1.5-2 inches in height…from my experience root-binding ‘mimics’ many other problems such as over/under watering,heat issues etc…get those babies in bigger pots soon!!!..Good luck!..

1 Like

What size pot(s) have you got your plant(s) in?..

Thank you for the information! The dark spots on the leaf isnt concerning? What is that from? It is in a 8 or 12oz solo cup currently, I am going to transport soon to a 7 gal pot but wanted to make sure it was healthy first and wouldn’t shock it or make the spots worse.

I cant see what dark spots you are referring to,sorry…:>)

Yo, that looks like what this guy saw here:

To me at least. Could be a me thing but I have to click on the pictures in that thread before they show up. Also I love your username. I’m in that area :slight_smile: