Tincture vs. edible

The Lift by Ardent Is more consistent than an oven- I always set my oven at 240 but again I find the Lift to be a good investment.
I will have to check what model of vape I bought but I use VG thinned with distilled water so I bought one that could vape 100% VG
By the way I steep my VG at least twice and heat it for about 4 hours at 160 degrees
Hope this helps

1 Like

I looked up the decarb model and it looks like a set and forget device. Very consistent would be my guess.

Good tip on thinning the VG with water, and being new to vaping, I could easily make mistakes w/o some friendly advice. If I go to a vape shop, I could be a target for a rip-off without some knowledge walking in the door.

I think I’ll try the decarb process followed by covering the grind with Everclear for a few days - finally, evaporation of the alcohol. From there I’ll mix in VG/PG for a proper consistency. I just don’t want to create something so strong it will lock me on the couch for the day. I’ll start slowly and do it on a weekend when I can experiment w/o other chores in the way…just in case. LOL

1 Like

A sound plan.
I just played with making tinctures and I am not done in mad scientist mode yet but after all my tinkering I have yet to throw anything away
Some batches are :man_shrugging: but they all have done the job.
Good luck and keep on growing

1 Like

I don’t know how to make vape liquid, but sounds like a good plan for making the tincture. I prefer to let the most of the solvent evaporate naturally. That way, you’re left with a liquid which has the color & viscosity of honey.

Heating tends to make a rick simpson oil-esque black sludge.

1 Like

Yeah, I liked your evaporation method. I’ll try this and let you know how it turns out!

I’ve done it and had some success. I buy a cbd isolate powder from Eden’s Herbals, comes in a gram of powder with 1000mg of cbd. I combine that gram of powder with 30ml of MCT oil. That gives me 34mg of CBD per dropper fill, so a decent dose for me at least. I think it works well and it’s definitely cheaper than most cbd products.

You cook this for 8 days total? A ‘water bath’ to me is covering the jar completely with water and cooking until sealed - used only for low acid vegetables. So you’re covering the jar with this ‘water bath’?
“This will allow the terpenes to absorb into the plant material”. When did you add terpenes?
Thanks!