Timing of greenhouse grow and photos

We have ordered a 12x21 greenhouse and it still won’t be here for at least a couple of weeks. We do plan on getting a heater for late summer for the drastic temp drops. Next year a metal shop will be built for our anticipated production grow, so I really need the greenhouse to get our personal cannabis done as I am tired of growing it in the house, until next year I can put it in the big indoor grow…

…is it too late to put photos in a greenhouse if not even sprouted out yet? How do I figure the timing on this and NOT add supplemental lighting in the fall? I do plan on doing some Pure Indica or Afghan, faster finishers, but mostly I am thinking if I need a crop in for us, autos might do the trick. It is just that time is getting away from me I think to get photos finished in time due to the natural lighting. This is just a whole new beast to tackle. The main reason for greenhouse is to grow food, so after this year, the cannabis grow moves to the big building.

I ordered the Premium Pack from ILGM: California Dream, GoldLeaf, and Chronic Widow. I am thinking these strains might be a push to finish if I have not even got the seeds in to germinate. Time is running out.

2 Likes

Sorry I can’t help, but I’m sticking around for feedback on this. Good luck!

1 Like

Above the equator after May/June , below the equator By June/July!

2 Likes

I live in Massachusetts and my outdoor photos are about two weeks old right now going on three, I don’t put them outside until mid May. You haven’t missed the marker you still have plenty of time

2 Likes

@yoshi @ConcreteBudz Thank guys! Was thinking I may not be able to grow the Premium mix until next season and my husband was pretty bummed. This will brighten his day. Super excited to try the greenhouse grow after three tent grows. Never in my life did I dream I would succeed at this and be able to grow our supply. Never in my life did I dream we would smoke so much cannabis! But my husband has ZERO glaucoma now (zero RX meds) and my essential hand tremor is GONE! Worth it! Love this forum!

4 Likes

@KikiGee @ConcreteBudz @Underthestairs we love you guys , cause it’s your guys results that keeps proving science that humans come from the same dirt the plants grow in , Wait ? Let me Explain it this way , In the beginning God took the dirt and blew life into man right , In all honesty everything else God pointed and call it as it was right , If that’s in fact truth , Than man is the only thing God has ever touched to be quite Honest , is why man is responsible over everything God created for Man in modernration and man has not figure out His power of being touch into creation , Cause Adam is still having babies in 2021 , count to 20 and 2 more of Adam kids just born into Hell right , But I’m so glad to be able to help any and all on how to grow a normal wild natural herb vegetable that can serve all kinds of beneficial alignments man and industrial revolution has cause unto our Earth by Greed of technology , and Power instead of The Power of Love ! But if you ask me , I still think God is Winning , regardless of how much of a fool the Elite thinks they smart are in control, Something astronomical always happens to remind is who really controls this Earth :earth_americas: and we all know her name right !

3 Likes

So are u planning on having any loghting at all for the plants in the greenhouse or just running by natural sunloght?? This is exciting. Im gonna follow along and watch this fun happen. Man making me wanna get some area outside and start working away at it. Lol. My aunt has a bunch of property in the sticks i should use her yard with her and grow some stuff. She wants to do loke a crop of 100 plants in her yard this summer. Wonder how its gonna work for her. I should sell her the seeds and make some money lol. I have a ton of them now. Good luck on this journey sounds to b fun

2 Likes

I’m in the process of building a 10x12 greenhouse that won’t be finished for a few more weeks. I will put my plants in it at the end of may

1 Like

We would like to avoid adding supplemental lighting. The good thing about where we live, we are at 4400’ but just about 90% or more of the time are clear sunny skies. We can and do have a major first freeze drop of upwards 68 deg difference, which happens around first to mid October lately. I am budgeting for a gas greenhouse heater. My husband is an electrician, works with high voltage substation stuff, so he can wire the lights up.

The main thing that just gives me joy today is reading that commercial growers do indeed grow autos. For some reason I thought they grew photos as the yield was bigger or THC higher, but my autos can knock ya on your butt so how high does one really need to be before just ingesting a mushroom? :rofl: Anyways, this is a major game changer for us. I have calculated approx 48 plants in AutoPot would fit in the greenhouse, but need to actually step that out today. I had originally planned to do our 12 legally grown personal plants. We are working on our license and business plan to send to the state when they open it up for the micro producers.

I thought this late in the year there would be no way I could get a production grow in to sell for opening rec sales on 4/22. But if I grow autos, then I am well on my way. However, I am doing this 100% by the books and I cannot even germinate the grow until I get that license. All that to say, I just germinated 2 Purple Haze, but may just do autos for us and plan on starting an auto production grow later this summer, providing we have the license. The state has until 9/21 to get the licensing part good to go.

@plumbdand do a grow journal and tag me! I will tag you on mine. This is a whole new beast to tackle for me. Our environment here is brutal. Yesterday I spent ALL day outside getting garden cleaned and things planted, perfect weather. Today? 30 mph winds with 50+ gusts. This is what stripped my cannabis clones two years in a row until I got wise and started tent grow inside. I have no idea why anyone in the pioneer days stopped here and thought this was a good place to try and grow something. :roll_eyes:

1 Like
1 Like