Timer failed during flower! Help?

My wifi timer failed. My lights were due to go off at 9am… I’ve just been in my grow room to find they didn’t turn off and its now 5pm here… what can I do if anything to minimize the chance of hermies… I’m at day 40 of flower.

Gutted. The timer is going in the bin because this also happened last grow at about the same point in flower…

Thanks

I just went thru this this week I had to turn the lights off and on manually till I got a new timer. What are you growing auto or photo.

1 Like

I feel your pain. I’m growing photos… Durban poison x chem dog…

Have you noticed any ill effects yet? I’m wondering if I should skip my lights on schedule? They are due to turn on at 9pm but I’ve only just turned them off

Haven’t had any problems yet I’m growing a GDP photo. I would keep the schedule. Mine I don’t know how long it was doing it. Here is a Pic of her from this morning.

Just keep an eye on her if you notice any leaves looking weird let us know.

1 Like

Depends on how long it’s been going on. If it’s just one day or two then you should be good

3 Likes

Yo. the 1.99 analog timer from Walmart. Never fail!

3 Likes

Ok, i hope so… I assume it was only today that this has happened. I still haven’t been able to figure out what went wrong but that’s the weakness of using technology instead of classic old-school dependable stuff like analog timers.

Should I turn the lights back on at 9pm as usual or should I leave them off until tomorrow night so they get extra dark period?

1 Like

If only we had Walmart in nz… but still I can get a timer here for less than $10

3 Likes

I would just keep your schedule going. Any damage that has been done has happened already so trying to correct it could make it worse. As long as you have a decent dark period before lights on and keep your fingers crossed. Get back on track as soon as possible though

Alright mate ill go with that. How annoying for this to happen again!!!

1 Like

Everywhere has an amazon!!! A two pack for 12 bucks.

BN-LINK BND-60/U47 Indoor Mini 24-Hour Mechanical Outlet Timer, 3-Prong, 2-Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LPSGBZS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_BEREGFWZ6HF6Z4MRW6J3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

Do you have a harbor freight nearby. They sell decent digital timers.

1 Like