Time to harvest? (trichome pics)

These puppies must be getting close. 8 weeks in flower come Saturday. Got a cheapo digital endescope to look at trichomes. I wanted to post in case someone here can tell right away from these pics :man_shrugging:

Blue Dream

Bubblegum

3 Likes

I’m the worst at this but I see no amber and quite a bit of clear… I’d wait a bit

6 Likes

I’m seeing a good bit of milky trichomes on the leaves but from the flower I see mostly clear/milky I’m 5 days into week 8 so almost 9 weeks and in the same ball park. Mine are mostly milky no amber on the flower itself yet . Ive been checking everyday so far. check every day and post a pick every few days so someone pro here will know for certain. Looks great :hugs:

3 Likes

They are coming along great im going to say they have 1 to 2 more weeks and im going to lean more towards the 2 week range I’m seeing majority of clear with some cloudy and no amber what type of smoke are you looking for out of these?

3 Likes

Auto or photo? A few auto strains I’ve grown are a bit stubborn to amber up

1 Like

I’m looking for the point of highest THC value. I like more heady highs but enough body to mellow any anxiety. I do already have some of those Cvaults and am intend to maximize the smoothness and quality of smoke in processing.

One concern I have is the stage of the yellowing of the leaves. If they have potentially another 2 weeks until harvest, should I stick with the straight water or hit them with a feeding? Do the nugs start to yellow once they run out of leaves?

1 Like

They are photos. I kept them in veg for 9 weeks the switched. It’s been a bumpy journey haha.

1 Like

If your 8 weeks flower giver some more time. If you get impatient you could always drop a few hrs of light per day to possibly hurry the process

Nice lookin bud btw!

1 Like

After the 17 weeks its taken I don’t mind waiting longer!

1 Like

Ill definitely shoot for all cloudy with a good 30% amber impo thats what i shoot for and for the yellowing you could do a small dose of flower nutes even tho what leafs are already effected wont get better i personally dont do a flush i dont believe in flushing so its hard to recommend anything to you in that situation when i use salt based nutrients i would feed up till around 1 week out then just give plain water but i just continue with normal amounts of water i dont do heavy amounts of water

2 Likes

One point to make is the published flower times. ILGM gives 9 weeks for both strains. This is fairly standard. To clarify, this is time actually in flower. Therefore, if your day / week count is from flip, you need to add the transition period.
Regarding yellowing leaves… I am thinking some where along the way you needed to flush and reset the medium. I let the medium’s pH get out of range, but it was getting close to the end, so I tried to ride it out. Big mistake and I will not make it again.
They still have a lot of white pistils, this is good it is trying to add calyx. I would feed one or 2 more times.
Did you take pH and PPM of runoff while giving just water?

2 Likes

Hi there. I like the high thc, also. I would give it more time to plump and turn cloudy. I want all cloudy for best thc.

1 Like

Great input thank you. I want off the seedbank I got them from which had 8-9 weeks flower. I am associating the yellowing of the leaves with senescence and focus on bud production. Things were out of hand for a while but I had the run off ppm and ph back on track for a couple weeks before flipping. I took them an extra week into veg to be sure.

The water feedings I unfortunately do not take reading (TO THE GULAG!). I have been fairly regular with testing run off but now and then am in a hurry before work. I just did a feeding this watering with Jack’s finish 7-15-30 and some calcium nitrate at 900ppm with 6.5ph. The run off from both pots is 900ppm +/- and 6.2ph.

I read this response after feeding them just now and am glad I did! I still want to do a flush, dealers choice I suppose, but it seems like it is still potentially 2 weeks out.

Great minds think alike :grin: Class act thank you for that picture, that explains a great deal

1 Like

I would flush using Jack’s at 50 - 75%. With being in soil you don’t have a lot of time to feed again so my thinking is to incorporate it with the flush.

1 Like

just remember whne the trichomes start to turn amber - they turmn at the rate of 5% a week so if you want 10% amber start your two week flush (if you flush) and you will be at 10%amber

2 Likes