Time to harvest? Lemme know!

Hey guys. These are some photos of my Acapulco gold. I am wondering if it is harvest time? I mean. I swear I see some CLEAR trichomes in there but I ALSO see amber! What do you think?

2 Likes

Also. There still seems to be like 50 percent white pistils and 50 percent orange pistils.

2 Likes

You’ve got some time to go, the amber I’m seeing is on the leaves. First just keep watching the white pistles, majority of them will turn rust colored and start to recede. When that happens you need to get a jeweler’s loupe and check trichomes on the actual buds. Most people will wait until they are near 100% cloudy with amber starting to show. Depending on what you are wanting effect wise. The more amber, the more sedative effect you will have. If you want more of a racy head high then chop them before you get 100% cloudy.

1 Like

That’s what I was hoping to hear, brother. They ain’t plumped up enough to be choppin yet.
Thanks again for your input, dude. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Just curious if this is ready for harvest. I water yet looks dry:( any thoughts? Btw it’s a Jack Herer strain.

2 Likes

Let those white pistils turn to orange @ShockDog.

1 Like

Thanks, Skunk. Will do! :grinning:

1 Like

@Bigpapa88 looks like maybe some bud rot on there need to let more experienced members chime in but it looks awfully suspicious to me left side middle of main stalk!

1 Like

Damn bro. Hope not. :pensive:
Rootin for ya, @Bigpapa88 !

4 weeks is a guestimate.

1 Like

Damn, bud! That long??? Stoked. :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks man my first grow! What do I do about root rot?

1 Like

What do I do about root rot?

1 Like

I think he said BUD ROT. Not sure, buddy! Never had it! My growing environment is drier than a popcorn fart so it’s not a typical malady around here. I am sure somebody else can help. Make a new topic under “troubleshooting” and see who chimes in!

I could be wrong but that’s where I see it.

1 Like