Time to flush? and trichome help

Hello everyone Im a first grow rookie. This plant is a critical 2.0 autoflower in fox farm ocean forest soil. I have used the fox farm nutes. according to the seed banks spread sheet this strain has a 12 week grow cycle, it is 10 weeks old now. It went threw a bad stall and transplant when a seedling due to bad soil and lack of know how. Ill be happy with whatever it yeilds and just want quality over quantity. my question is should i start my 2 week flush? also im having trouble distinguishing between clear and cloudy trichomes even with 60x loupe. my plan is to wait until most pistils are amber and i start seeing amber trichomes them chop. Is that an acceptable plan or do those factors happen way before plant is ready? thank for anyone who takes time to share their knowledge. It is greatly appreciated

20221017_062230

6 Likes

Continue your schedule plant has a few more weeks to finish up. Nice buds :v::+1:

6 Likes

Agreed with @kellydans. Still have close to 4 weeks or so.

5 Likes

Seed bank’s cited time are for flowering time, so the clock begins when the plant starts flowering (when pistils first appear at the tips of the plant.)

Some autoflower plants can begin flowering at 2.5 weeks while others will not flower for up to 12 weeks, so it would be impossible for a breeder/seed bank to cite time to harvest from seed.

5 Likes

Thanks everyone! Im glad I seeked help and didnt cut her short on grow time.

1 Like

Thank you that is very useful information. I was running thw clock from sprout.

1 Like

Ya i dont start flushing till all the pistils have darkened

3 Likes

Thanks everyone I am grateful for the responses because I was sure about to flush this plant and would have chopped it early. kinda happy its not ready, I actually wasnt looking forward to chopping it and I sure didnt want to mess it up. Ive never grown anything in my life and this has sure been a very fun experience watching it come along. I can spend hours in grow room just looking at them. Im sure as i grow more some of the luster will wear off and probably for the better. Im pretty sure my wife is jealous of the attention I give the plants. Its been a really cool experience so far.

2 Likes

Get her in there to help. I just put up a swing chair for mine so she’s not lonely when I play with the planties.

1 Like

I just harvested 2 of those last month. Pure fire. Was done from seed in 10 weeks. I know sounds fast and was. I was not gonna chop but trichs were all cloudy. Was perfect. You are going to love it. Was critical + 2.0 from seedsman.

1 Like

If in doubt always abstain from flushing plants “just because”. Contrary to popular belief this process does not rid your plant of elements and has no scientifically proven benefits. There’s nothing wrong with harvesting a green and healthy plant. There is a point shortly before proper harvest that adding nutrients isn’t going to change much, so going to straight water will save you from unnecessarily using some nutrients. But providing an extra feeding is way better than removing nutrients weeks earlier than you should have.

4 Likes

I have read really good things about the critical 2.0. I am excited to see how it turns out. I cant partake in it but my wife will enjoy it hopefully.

1 Like