Time to drop the seeds.......2nd time round

Such a HUGE difference!!

1 Like

I donā€™t recall seeing anyone purposely running coco as high as 6.5, maybe. I donā€™t even generally ph that high in soil. 5.7 doesnā€™t sound unreasonable though.

3 Likes

I have done alot of reading, not so much research for coco and there is conflicting evidence, im just trying to find what works for me from what i have read. If all that fails then i come to the trusty ā€œbibleā€ and ask.

Do you think i should lower it or up it? Flush or no flush? Call her a dud and move on? My stoner brain has a headache that just wont shift!

Iā€™m not a coco grower, wouldnā€™t really feel comfortable giving you that advice sorry.

1 Like

Thats ok thanks for your honesty :slight_smile:

No problem!

1 Like

@mountainman1 @Not2SureYet @Donaldj @Budbrother can anyone growing in coco chime in please??

@Myfriendis410 dabbles in the coco too

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: im am lost as to who grows in what medium :see_no_evil:

Iā€™m limited as well, Iā€™m sure thereā€™s others. But Matt and myfriendis I know for sure.

1 Like

Thank you so very much :slight_smile:

So what is the ph you are giving? 5.7? What kind of perlite too?

2 Likes

Sorry I do soil grows for now. What about @Screwauger

1 Like

Yes ph5.7 and its plant it perlite

Sorry for any confusion

1 Like

Is penny the one you dropped? Are you using city water?

1 Like

You have gotten good advice so far. 5.3 to 5.8 is the target range for coco. How are you measuring and adjusting your PH? Do you have a digital meter and when did you calibrate it last?

I would be using distilled water only at this point in the grow. Once they develop a taproot you can start using more water but now they should receive only a couple of teaspoons per day. If your humidity is down then place a clear dome over the sprouts. You can mist the inside of the dome for moisture.

Once the cotyledons yellow is when you can think about what nutes youā€™re going to use.

3 Likes

Hard to give advice without any informationā€¦what is the soil? It is
awfully broownish/yellow? Are you misting plants? chlorinated water will
cause spots on young leaves. PH of water. ppm of water, etcā€¦etc?

1 Like

@Drillbit yes she was the one :frowning: i fear the worst for her, im in the uk and use tap water, it comes out around 7.2ph with around 200ppms.

@Myfriendis410 i have understood all of the above regarding no nutes untill round leaves have yellowed and only lightly watering. Its just the round leaves have yellowed off and now the 1st set of true leaves are following suit!! Im using a digital ph pen with calibration soloution of 7.0 and calibrated it when i gave them some water not even 2 weeks agoā€¦

1 Like

@latewood
It is coco with added perlite
I use tap water which after being left for 24hrs reads 7.2ish ph and around 200ppm
I use ph down soloution to bring it to 5.7ph and only give them a little drop when the dome and top looks dryā€¦

3 Likes

it could be from the shock of dropping it. do you dechlorinate your water? If itā€™s from the shock, there is nothing you can do. But hey, if you wanna do a hail Mary to try and save her life, mix solution like 1/8 strength. Iā€™d try some fish emulsion first though. organic nutes are less likely to burn it. check your city documents about chlorine in your tap water too.

1 Like