Time to drop the seeds.......2nd time round

Little update…

Went to spray the beans earlier and 1 has broken ground, the special queen, the smallest taproot out of the 3, no signs of the other 2 yet but its only been 2 days.

Stealth mode…

Only for seedlings/clones when i get to it.

Drumroll please…

9 Likes

I am excited a tad, my special queen has broken ground also, still has her coat on (it is abit nippy tonight) but i can see her alright, purple queen is a no show little prima donna!

She is 12ish hours younger than “penny” i shall name this girl…

Star

Penny

2 Likes

@Uncle-Rico

Awesome! I am along for the journey.

1 Like

Welcome @Uncle-Rico

@Drillbit as you requested

1 Like

Penny is growing her 1st set of true leaves already but i had to help to help her ever so slightly with her coat and star has popped off her coat with ease :slight_smile:

Still a noshow for purple queen, she was the one with the biggest taproot :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Thx @Wildwest. Set to watching. What light are you using for the seedlings and for veg?

1 Like

No worries @Drillbit welcome to my grow :slight_smile: it is only my 2nd so there will be learning curves along the way :slight_smile:

For lights in seedling im only using a phillips tornado 20w cfl bulb untill they are strong enough to go in my tent with the leds.

1 Like

@Budbrother as you requested :slight_smile:

1 Like

@HornHead iv read you are growing in coco, this is my 2nd grow but 1st coco grow so i hope you dont mind me tagging u in for if/when i need some guidance?

Like when do i start feeding? Sooo many moxed messages on the inter web!!
TIA

1 Like

HCG got all my likes already today. :+1:t3: Thanks for the tag.

True set of leaves coming through.

4 Likes

@Not2SureYet can you please assist…i dont wanna mess up!! I have the canna coco a+b also calmag, when do i start feeding them??

Iv tried doing my research 1st but have gotten nowhere fast! Please help a gal out :wink:

I am still new here too. I have started feeding all of mine at 10 days when I transplant them into there final pots. I water them after transplanting. Then the next day I feed at 1/4 strength. I water one day, then feed the next, water then feed. Others feed more often that I do. Once you start feeding. Your plants will let you know quick if they are ok with it. After that, it is kind of a trial and error to see how much you can give them. Remember. better to little food than to much. I haven’t had any issues with how I feed yet at 1/4 strength. I use RO water and do 1 tsp of cal mag per gallon, each watering or feeding till I start to flower. Then I only use cal mag once a week. I know @MattyBear & @Myfriendis410 have both grown in coco. They may be able to help more than I can. I would hate to steer you wrong.

4 Likes

You were the one that gave me advice on coco regarding nutrients, i went and purchased the a+b so just wanted a little run down of how others have started and as your name was the one i could remember reading growing in coco you were the one tagged :wink: thank you so much, i take onboard all advice and experience and figure out what works for me but having the guidlines helps alot :slight_smile:

Thanks for tagging in others too :ok_hand:

1 Like

No problem. I think you will like using coco. I will be putting a clone in soil tonight. It will be interesting to see how it goes as I am used to coco.

1 Like

The only thing you may do is over feed them depending on your soil but im aure you know this anyway :wink:

@Wildwest how’s it going?! @Not2SureYet you gave good advice. I start feeding in coco as soon as the first 2 leaves yellow up and die off. I’d follow manufacturers feeding schedule with the nutes you are using since they are made specifically for coco. :v:️ Ph to 5.8 and don’t let the coco dry all the way out or it can throw ph out of whack. I was feeding/watering every other day in veg and every day in flower

2 Likes

I completely missed this reply, how the?

@MattyBear its growing not bad thanks :wink: thank you for your advice, so if you wait untill yellowing of 1st leaves you just water with ph water untill then, once the yellowing occurs you feed with cocoa+b nutes? Any other additive? I have calmag and a+b, will i need anything else?
Manufactors says 15-20ml/10l i feel thats too much should it be halfed of 1/4 or?? Im only a week in tomorrow so any help/experience wod ve great :slight_smile:

Thanks you.

1 Like

As we approach the end of week1 all is looking good for penny and star…cant say the same for the other gal, she is not wanting to show herself!! May have a dud!

Anyways i will do picture updates every week on a sunday, so without furthur a due heres my girls.

Penny.

Star

8 Likes