Time to drop the seeds.......2nd time round

Thank you all :slight_smile: after a quick look at LST and super cropping on the tube i think il stick with LST i couldnt risk me messing up :see_no_evil: and i usually do :joy:

This is where she is at…

@MattyBear @Budbrother

6 Likes

There you go!

1 Like

Thank you mucho gracias :slight_smile:

2 Likes

She’ll start looking 'sideways in a few days. It looks like you did, but I would make sure it’s not exactly parallel to the nodes - if you get my meaning. You’ll have the 2 shoots coming out at each node, and you can guide them onto two good cola (at each node) without much effort. especially if you have a stretchy plant.

If it’s parallel, you’ll get a runt shoot on the underside instead of two good ones.

It’s almost like topping them. Sacrificing the top getting the abundance of light, in order to get more out of the under-carriage.

2 Likes

Not sure what you’re trying to say there. In a few day, anything that’s pointed down atm, will be facing up and growing up as a new cola

1 Like

Thats what i was thinking it would do, on the video it pretty much started growing back upwards after a few hours of being tied down/on its side, i didnt want to pull it down too much as not to let leaves touch the soil. I think now she is leaning over it gives light to the little shoots coming off the main stem then tieing down any shoots that get bigger than others to create individual colas and a flat canopy instead of the christmas tree look. Am i correct in thinking that? Otherwise my stoner mind has ran away with me again :see_no_evil: i read sooo much ot really is hard not to get info overload!!

3 Likes

First grow I did that because I was scared to break or cut anything. When I bent it over every other node had one ‘sprout’ completely on the bottom, and couldn’t get to ‘light’ or ‘up’ and ended up worthless runts.

I think that it was perfectly shaded by the stem and never poked out enough to start - and I didn’t know any better.

1 Like

The LST took well, so far so good :ok_hand: she has had some time in the shaded sun but is now back in the tent, Penny#2 has stretched abit wanting to get at the actual sun but she is sturdy enough to hold her own :muscle: she has a tiny root just showing at the bottom of her pot now so soon will be time to transplant…

4 Likes

I’m getting around that transplant time myself. I’ll be watching. Thanks for the great post. Have a good evening

1 Like

@neckNflu good luck with your transplant :ok_hand: do you have a journal? Id love to be tagged in :slight_smile:
Thank you for stopping by and stalk on i dont mind :wink:

1 Like

If you want to try my idea, use scissors and cut 2 opposite sided of the pot. Open them like an oyster and the root-ball should be relatively undisturbed.

3 Likes

Thank you, thats the method i went for except i cut down the sides 4 times and exposed her roots that way…i woke up to find more roots poking out the bottom so i went ahead and done the deed today, she had mykos sprinkled on the roots and put into a 3gal ish plastic pot…once she is established in this one i will then move her to her final 5 gal pot!

2 Likes

I guess my thinking was that you wouldn’t need to flip it upside down and get dirt on the plant and what-not :wink:

1 Like

Ahh i got ya, i wanted to see the bottom lol. My hands are fairly big so no dirt got on my baby :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So iv been abit muddled with the days as kids are home from school and its manic!!

Star was 5weeks old yesturday and she is taking to the LST like a fish to water, she is also getting somewhat of an piney aroma, very faintly but i can smell it :slight_smile:

@MattyBear @Budbrother
Next up is penny#2 she is 2 weeks old today and loving life …

Thanks for stopping by :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Looking happy and healthy :v:

1 Like

Few more progress shots, nothing to see here…move along :slight_smile:
Star…

Penny#2

6 Likes

Hey @Willd check out my JUNGLE ^^^ :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Right on track, looking good! You might be a natural!:+1:

1 Like