Time to drop the seeds.......2nd time round

Righty then time for a little update…1st up is Star who was 4weeks yesturday(01/08/18) she was transplanted 2days ago from the coco/perlite mix into biobizz lightmix with added perlite, great set of roots from wwhat i could see, sprinkled mykos on her, i gave her a dose of superthrive water and i think she is liking her new soil better! Today i went ahead and gave her a litre mix of superthrive1ml and biogrow1ml we shall see what happens over the next few days, she has 5 sets of leaves now but she is still soo tiny to top or lst !!

Now onto Penny#2 who is 1week old tomorrow, nothing new to update really, she is growing at a steady pace i think.

5 Likes

So iv been looking at lights and id like an opinion on the marshydro 600w please, my tent is 120x120x200cm would that light be sufficient enough to 2 plants? @dbrn32 im tagging you as your the ‘goto’ guy for lights :wink:

1 Like

I grew one bag-seed plant under a MARS 300w. I got 2 oz. I can only imagine what it would have been with proper light. I am now growing two, and if you get the “cheapo” lights, get one for each plant. Or do what I’m doing and ask @dbrn32 about the best lighting for the price you plan on spending.

3 Likes

I am on a fairly tight budget tbh i do have a 400w cheapo light that i was given, i dont know the wall watts and iv got afew tornado 20w CFLS so im unsure what im already working with!! There is a 2nd hand marshydro for £26 on the bay and was wondering if its worth the risk or not?
I know nada about lights apart from what my little brain absorbs :confused:

1 Like

What size space are you working with? @Whodat66

A closet just under 3’ x 3’. I dropped $150 before I started on a 1200w veg/bloom (cheapo) on amazon. I think it’ll do for that price, but I have seen dbrn32 setting people up with the right gear for the same price or a little higher.

If you are using CFL and the LED is cheap, I’d grab it, but first look at the price of a new one and see if it is really that big of a savings. No telling how many hours on it. With the Chinese knock-off companies getting into COB and whatnot, the price on the ‘old-style’ LED’s is dropping.

2 Likes

Thank you i will bare all that in mind when deciding :slight_smile:

Pretty small for that size space. Probably do like 4 of those lights in a 4x4. Which means I would probably look at some other options.

1 Like

My god my mind went AWOL for awhile there!! Im so sorry :see_no_evil:
Oh ok then so scrap that one :joy: what are you recommending (watt wise) for a space my size? Im not sure on funds atm but im defo looking to get a better one before flowering!! Il have to rob peter to pay paul but the return will be worth it! I know it!! Thank you all for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whilst im here could i ask…is star too small to top? Im reading that you can but only after the 4th/5th node, well she is working on her 6th now but shes is soooo tiny still im scared to touch her :see_no_evil:

I might leave her alone to grow how she wants but do some training to penny#2 she seem like shes is growing by the day literally!! Look at her 2nd set already :heart_eyes:

@garrigan62 @Budbrother @dbrn32 @Whodat66 @PurpNGold74 @Drillbit @Donaldj @Willd @MattyBear @FloridaSon and whomever else :slight_smile: any and all knowledge os greatly recieved :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d personally let her grow one more node and then top. I have a few plants I had to let go longer before topping recently due to them being so short and bushy to begin with :v:

5 Likes

The first cut is tough. If you are questioning it, I’d wait. My 2 sprouts are more compact than yours. One is starting the 5th node, is only 4 inches tall, and the stem is about 2 and a half inches. Looks like a little palm tree.

2 Likes

Required amount of power consumption will vary with how efficient the lights are. If you go with something like qb’s 500-600 watts pretty damn good. Same goes for anything using high end cobs. But buying amazon blurples, I’d look for 800-1000 watts actual consumption.

3 Likes

So her being so short and iddy biddy is ok? She just looks so small for her age! I will let her grow her 6th node and then make the cut. I was reading where you can take the main stem and bend it over instead of topping, is she still too small for that do you think?

2 Likes

I think this one is just going to be short and bushy naturally. I see other peoples and think damn mines tiny, For example @Drillbit his indy is huge compared to mine and both sprouted the same day! Ah well little bushes will be ok :slight_smile: thank you

So high end COBS or high watt blurble!? Gotcha. Thank you very muchly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is ‘super-cropping’, and on my last grow, I waited until it was in flower for a week or two to make sure she was a she (bag seed) then I bent the hell out of them :slight_smile: When the sex was still indeterminate I didn’t want to induce stress that might tip the scales in a bad way.

3 Likes

You can absolutely bend the stem over now. It’s called LST or low stress training.

2 Likes

Yup called LST and not Super cropping as stated above

1 Like

When I think ‘bend’ I see a kink in the stem and it at a 90 degree angle. But yes, I know about both options :wink: In the interest of getting the first plant done quick, one will be getting nothing. No topping or anything. I’ll play with the other one.

3 Likes