Time to defoliate?

I am using organic non sulphur molasses & Foxfarm Ocean Forest. I did add some Moab & molasses to my water yesterday but only those 2 & my pH was about 6.9. I used spring water instead of distilled which I’m sure is just as good. I have yet to check the ppm of the runoff but the plants are looking ok so far.

1 Like

If you dont have something to adjust ph u should look into it 10$ 15$ will get you where you need to be you really want to get down to 6.5 in soil half a point is alot in ph it can be the difference between a decencylt grow and a good grow I’d use tap water over spring taps got some benefits put it in a 5 gallon bucket and let it sit over night to breath chlorine and ammonia out and you will have calcium iron all kinda micros MJ likes the molasses can be spaced out and the moab should be consistent with its label

1 Like

General hydroponics makes an UP and Down kit with chemical ph reagent tester very easy process

1 Like

No, I have all of the pH stuff. I also don’t want to keep the pH the same all the time. I wanna keep it at a range. 6.8 isn’t bad for soil. I keep the range around 6.0 to 6.8, which is what the range should be.

4 Likes

Ok wasent sure you were ph conscious just being thurough can’t leave no stones unturned… after you make it through a run look back on what to do and what not to do and eventually it all becomes second nature … last crop I had was like mindless it was strange it just became instinct …LST Food water moisture rh wasent even monitored or temp you can just tell if things are good or bad and it becomes easy to “read your plant " if its showing signs I would look into having all your necessary food " necesssry” is a controversial word around here but I wonder the quality of weed these same ppl call exclusive or good for that matter… so I believe its relative

2 Likes

Lol. Every other city we go, every other video… :joy::rofl: I get the reference, and it ain’t SuperMAN or SuperWOMAN lmao :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

No matter where you go you see the same bowls?!:grin:

3 Likes

:joy::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: hahahahah you know it

2 Likes

1 Like

I mean, if ya don’t know…ya just, don’t know…Lol

Sooooooooooooo…the pH in my runoff was 7.9 & the ppm was around 1791. Should I be worried?

Yes… what has changed in your watering since it was last 6.5

1 Like

And what was your reason to check run off…your going inat 6.5 in fox farm right?

Hmmm…now that ya mention it, I did water w’some Moab & molasses a week or so ago. Last night, I watered w’molasses water

Molasses only needs to be used like every other feeding I’m not sure if sugars and carbs will clog up nutes or roots I’ll check for ya

Ok from what I just read … it can clog and compact soil which might effect feed up takes rate of different nutrients it should be used in a tea and not to often because the bacteria that blooms from the bubble action of the airation it consumes all the oxygen in the tea and isn’t as beneficial in some aspects it’s almost an abundance of bacteria when brewing molasses teas it’s good for an inoculant and feed but not all the time is what I’m gathering

1 Like

That pH is a tad (wayyyyy) too high. That is leading to a lockout and causing ur ppms to skyrocket.

PH lockout is when the proper nutrients cannot be uptaken by the rootzone. Do you remember the numbers to your last nutrient feeding?

Always check the numbers (ph and ppm) of ur solution before pouring and the runoff you get out the bottom. If only for a quick glance of whats going on in there.

Could u have fed without adjusting pH down a time or two perhaps?

1 Like

I only ever have to use down for silica and everything else is spot on in ro water

I’m actually pretty diligent in regards to monitoring my numbers. Honestly the only thing I can think of is the Foxfarm Moab.:woman_shrugging:t4:

Actually I never have to use down. N havent used up sonce I started adding Silica. It’s essentially my pH up. Around 800-1400 ppms my solutions always come into range. Any stronger or weaker and I have to adjust

What’s ur ph out the spickit …for u to have to use silica as up u must be low ph water that’s scary maaaan what u got in that waaateer