Time to buy a new light

What? Good things at THAT cost for a 180w led?

I don’t think so, don’t believe the hype.

1 Like

@Noctis420 @dbrn32
HLG 260w xl ordered last Sunday, arrived yesterday, assembled this morning!

I was going to post a thread on the assembly but the YouTube videos I watched explain the process much better than I could. I took my time and it took less than an hour. Very simple to assemble. Anyone who is apprehensive about the assembly, don’t be.

I can’t get over the precision millwork on the heatsink. Everything went together like butter. Plugged it in and, bam, both boards lit up, dimmer works fine.

I think I could veg my 4x4 with just this light with it turned all the way down. It’s bright. I can’t wait to get some plants under it. Hopefully, after this harvest, I’ll be ordering another one to really blow up my new tent.

Thanks to all who helped me make this choice.

5 Likes

Awesome! They do a good job with the components, I agree. And you’re correct plenty of solid info out there to help with assembly. It definitely doesn’t take an electrician to do it.

Congrats on the new light!

2 Likes

What did it end up costing?

1 Like

@bryan $348.99 free shipping

3 Likes

So which QB is strong enough for a nice yield in a 3x3 without any additional lighting. The one he bought looks to big for a 3x3? @dbrn32 I might make this purchase next week.

1 Like

I just referred someone to the 288w. I see the the 260w bought above is an xl… big difference??? Research time…

Almost $200 price diff tho. Worth the extra investment?

The xw kit is the one designed for a 3x3. It’s essentially same components, but the heatsink is designed more as a square and the boards mount side by side instead of end to end.

2 Likes

So casts a ‘wider footprint’?

I’m going to buy the 260W QB V2 LED QBv288 @SilentHippie

1 Like

More square footprint than the others that would be more rectangular.

1 Like