Time limit to grow Autoflower in

Can I start growing autoflower plants indoors without using tents and lights? I live in California 3 hours northeast of Los Angeles. I have seen a post you can grow up until August in the Northern Hemisphere. Thanks in advance for your replies.

1 Like

No tent yes, lights no. Starting out a fluorescent light will work to sprout, it if you’re looking for any kind yield and good light is needed.

2 Likes

Thanks, So a tent is needed. I was under the impression you could grow autoflowers like a house plant. just looking to yield enough for personal use throughout the winter.

1 Like

Windows block UVA and UVB rays. This helps keep down cancer down for your skin.

2 Likes

The light is needed. The tent is not needed for autos.

3 Likes

Then Light it is. I will give it a go and see how we do. Thank you

Get a good one and you’ll be good to go. If you have a budget that doesn’t include a quality light, just wait until you do.

3 Likes

I appreciate your help, you would suggest what light for just 2 plants without using a tent.

Yes on no the tent is not needed

Welcome to the forum, Leggs!

I don’t tent and I grow one auto at a time, which yields enough for my use. I agree with the other posters to get a decent light, but you’ll need a larger one for two plants. Without a tent, there is some … not sure of the term, but there is light loss, i.e. light spreads around the room instead of being reflected within the tent.

My setup is in a corner of a room that is little-used during the day, so the light is minimally annoying. Also, I wanted a light with a reflector to help direct light downward and to help save my eyes, lol, so I bought one on Amazon that is very similar to the Mars Hydro TS 1000. HLG makes superior lights, but they didn’t have what I wanted for my personal needs. But go on their website to see if anything matches your needs and budget. I think that you can get a coupon code and I “think”/maybe they will have a sale soon, but it might be only on their higher-end lights.

Another thing to consider is the MJ scent, as it will fill most of your house, if you don’t tent and if you don’t have your plants in a closed room. I keep my grow area open; personally, I LOVE the scent and thankfully my husband doesn’t mind, so make sure that works for you. Same with pets; I don’t have any, so I don’t need to have my setup pet-friendly.

Hope that helps. Have fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cheapest? Sunlight. It’s free. If you’re worried about a freeze, a good indoor substitute could run a couple of hundred dollars. A great substitute will run a few hundred more.

I use a Mars Hydro TSW2000 and I’m looking to upgrade. I’m thinking something mid-range ($400+) from HLG.

3 Likes

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Great! Thank you for your advice. I will post with my success story!!