Time for some help

I had some seeds from a friends romulan grapefruit that I decided to give this a go with so take it easy on the virgin. Ive read a lot of Roberts guide and think Ive been doing mediocre so far but want to see what Ive done right and what I havent so that when I get to my sour diesel seeds from here I wont kill them all.

Tent is 4x4 with 2 hanging 600 watt LEDs then I put some others I had lower (not sure if that was a good move or not yet). Has a humidity controlled outlet fan, circulation fan and temp gauge. It will thin out in there and have a net as soon as I can Identify the males which so far I have only been able to gauge one female. feeding flora fertilizer and cal mag as directed for aggressive veg growth currently.

Anyway here are a couple pics of what they are looking like. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

If you would fill this out, will help folks looking at your grow. Would like to know the actual draw of all lights in the grow space as well. Not what they tell you it’s equivalent to.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant/what week of flower
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looking nice. I’m glad to see you’ve opted for fabric pots. Since I’ve started using them I’ve had no problems with over watering.

1 Like

Welcome to the community @2trax4me

Fill the support ticket out that MyFriendis410 posted and we’ll all be here to help you out

I will put all that info together and add it to the post, some of it I just had to look up to figure out what he was talking about. Still am confused though as how to get the accurate reading for the bulbs I have in there, I see some people that have posted that the 600 is more like 150 but you also can’t believe everything google tells you.

Thanks everyone, just trying to live frugal and gain a fun hobby!

1 Like

If you look up the brand/model of your light it will normally tell you (buried in the specs) what the actual draw is: this is the important value.

1 Like

Tell us the brand model of the lights you have and we’ll tell you what the real watts are. The lights look like Mars Hydro TS600’s which are 100 watts.

2 Likes

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto) Romulan Grapefruit seeds from a plant last season
-Age of plant/what week of flower 9 weeks since first sprout
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF coco medium
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots Fabric Pots
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) 800 ppm 6.4
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS Vivosun PH and TDS meter
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space Indoor 48x48x80
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other LED
-Actual wattage draw of lights 2-100 watt Mars Hydro + 4 10 watt side lights
-Current Light Schedule 14/10
-Temps; Day, Night 72 day 65 night
-Humidity; Day, Night 80
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size Yes 100CFM connected to Humidity reader
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, Only a circulation fan, Dehumidifier in basement to keep environment humidity down
-Co2; Yes ProCO2 bucket

CO2 demands a sealed environment, high intensity lighting, and high PPMs. Supplemental CO2 does absolutely no good without adequate lighting. You are wasting time and money.

3 Likes

glad I filled it out

Sexes? I think I know but question a couple still

I see preflowers and some already flowering. The firstnone I don’t know yet.

1 Like

OK so 30 days later this is what I have. Got rid of 2 males and now just hoping I don’t screw up from here on out. My humidity is a concern so I bought a small one for the tent that worked but not well so Im returning it and trying another one. I have been clipping the bottoms and trying to keep the big fan leaves out of the way but I don’t think I should be trimming anymore. Any advice on the next 4 weeks or so of the grow is appreciated.

1 Like

If your concerned about high humidity go ahead and pull some of the larger fan leaves off the plants. It’ll help

When purchasing a dehumidifier don’t look at SQ ft claims. Look at how many pints of water it can remove from the air in 24 hours. 30pt is about as small as one can go and expect it to be effective.

The hanging CO2 compost things are fairly unpredictable and release so little there is little chance you’re actually increasing any. You can use more CO2 without super lighting up to a certain point. Since plants evolved to use excessively more with sunlight and the levels have since dropped significantly, so increasing it by 100-200ppm wouldn’t require much more if any light to be usable. As to where sealed room setups increase that 5x and use harsher lighting.
With the predictions on climate change here tho we’ll need oxygen and the plants will take back over.
Co2-levels-historic

Thanks guys. I will trim some more of the fan leaves and hope that helps along with the different humidifier. Hard to find one small but also useful for this application

1 Like

Just wanted to see if I should start flushing yet or not. I still have all 4 plants and it seems like they should be ready in a few weeks. Took a close up of a bud from all 4 an overall and a magnified.

Uploading: 16FFCDD3-D780-4D05-831A-DF4B05F67681.jpeg…
Processing: B32BF542-F3C2-4B1D-8FF2-9E95D0ED9A37.jpeg…
Processing: E9CDC937-1E78-4A2C-A91B-1CF4435DF9AF.jpeg…
Processing: C5D542C4-D38E-48EE-9221-8F671AB17C94.jpeg…

1 Like

Anybody?

1 Like

Still seeing a lot of white pistols. Once those turn orange and retract you’ll want to start looking at the tricombs. But from the pics I’d say you have several weeks in most of them

1 Like