Time for fertilizer?

Is it time for fertilizer ? They are 3 weeks old and are my first 2 plants. I am using a premium potting soil with fertilizer inside already. Thanks !

1 Like

Very nice healthy looking plants. They do not look hungry to me. But I would be thinking about a transplant to bigger pots in the near future into cannabis friendly potting soil . The soil you’re using has a time-release fertilizer not good for cannabis.

4 Likes

Plants look great. :+1:
They don’t look hungry at all.
I wouldn’t feed anything just yet. Just water.
That soil doesn’t say What the nutrients are or give the concentrations in the mix for a 6 month feeding.
As @kellydans said. I’d transplant into a cannabis friendly soil to avoid any excess or deficiency later in flower.
I’d Prob transplant within the next week or so too based on plant size. :wink::+1:
:v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

thanks !

2 Likes

What kind of soil should I use ? Should I use coco with perlite ?

2 Likes

@blanc_roses. That would work fine. But with coco you would have to feed right away as it’s an inert medium.
About 25% extra perlite seems to be the norm.
I grow in pro mix sunshine. Similar to coco in that there’s nothing added.
Pro mix HP if it’s avail where you are.
Good options too.

Let me tag @CoyoteCody. He grows in coco.
And does very well at it. :+1:

3 Likes

I love coco, I dont use perlite in it though, with the perlite it dries out faster, so you have to water more often, and while that may be good for soil, i already have to water my coco once a day, and with perlite I was upto 2 to 3 times a day. As @Oldguy said if you transplant into straight coco or pro mix you will have to start giving nutrients immediately, i would start light-ish on them and work your way up to full strength as the transplant will cause a lot of stress, and you don’t want to fry them. Another must is cal mag, coco sucks up your calcium and releases, i believe, potassium. You can pre charge your coco with a dose of cal mag in a gallon of water and let you coco sit in it overnight, that will help with the cal mag issues with coco. I also recommend a silica nutrient as well it helps with a few things includingyour plants immunity, so basically you would want to water with nutrients every day, except one or two and on those days just phed water to keep the salts from building up too much.

3 Likes

Thank You that’s really helpful !

2 Likes

Thank You :pray:t3:

2 Likes

@blanc_roses I use Fox Farm soils Happy Frog, Ocean Forest or Coco Loco. OF is hot so you’d want to layer it with either of the other 2. OF on the bottom and up the sides, the red a diagram on here somewhere. You girl looks great.
I agree with post suggesting you transplant soon.
If you use any of the above you wont need to worry about adding nutes until Flower. Good luck

4 Likes

Thank You ! That’s helpful.

1 Like

No problem, I’m not really a soil guy, but if you need any more help I will see what I can do for you if you continue on that route. There are a lot of amazing soil growers here, im just not one of them lol.

1 Like

I’d wait on nutes till you put transplant. They look really healthy for 3 weeks. If you use FF anything I would sieve it out on a screen first. The last few bags that I’ve got all have been filled with sticks and peat that isn’t broken up and add perlite.

2 Likes

Thanks ! :pray:t3: