Time for defoliation?

This is my first grow, Im thinking i should do some defoliation, but not sure where to start, any and all tips greatly appreciated!

4 Likes

Are you going to do lst? I wouldn’t take much off if any now. You can tie and tuck a few fan leaves. Keep air and light on her.

5 Likes

1 Like

I have been fiddling with LST yes, i believe i have it to a point im decently happy with now, still figuring out the nest methods for LST, but i spead her open a bit more now

4 Likes

Plant looks to have good light penetration and air flow you can take a couple of leafs if you like.

3 Likes

I have a few in mind that i want to take off, i just dont want to go too crazy this early, were at about week 4 from sprout right now

3 Likes

Looking good, keep it up :+1:

I see she was topped and you separated the two main stems. This is the beginning of a manifold.
How many nodes did you leave below where is topped.

I take it she is a photoperiod and not an auto. Correct?
Defoliating has a purpose and also follows form. Generally the more leaves you leave the better she grows.

3 Likes

Good looking plant. I started training mines not long ago almost as high as yours. I spread it up pretty good.

From this

To this in 10 days

I took some from the bottom of canopy once it was establish. For better airflow. For now let her be until you train her well, and see what underneath grow is not needed.

5 Likes

@Sweenzzzz I take a few leafs every week Throughout the grow also tuck if possible , for 2 reasons better light penetration an air flow but I’m one of those guys that don’t like to strip my plants. Your plants look healthy keep up the good work.
Happy growing :v:

2 Likes

I waited until the 4th node from the first set of 3 finger fan leaves, yes she is a photoperiod Skywalker OG from ilgm

3 Likes