Time difference auto and photo

I don’t really have a good frame of reference to be honest. I’ve not yet done an autoflower with 18/6 or 24/0 or anything. I veg em 18/6 and flower em 12/12, it’s just sort of how my space works out for me.

Yield on an average auto for a 12/12 is about 4oz give or take, so it ain’t nothin.

5 Likes

Depends on amount of light energy provided to the plants on each schedule. Running longer light schedule is just a way to make up for having less light energy. Yield potential of running 12/12 with ppfd average of 900 umols/s is about equal to running 18/6 with ppfd average of 600 umols/s because daily light integral is the same.

Most autos will give you the flexibility to run lights longer if you can’t reach optimum dli. Also, cannabis is c3 plant and regardless of what people have for opinion does not need any dark time to complete necessary processes. The exception would be flowering photoperiod plants. But they will grow just fine and be perfectly healthy under 24 hours light in veg. There is just not a lot of good reasons for most people to keep their lights on all the time.

4 Likes

Pot4pot seed dropped 9/1 and coco 9/5

Flowering started oct 1st. Lights on 12-14 hours until flowering, then 12-12, first grow, we dialed nutes back, and dimmer back 2 clicks as to not burn the plants.

3 Likes

4 zips per sounds good to me. Thank you :pray:

1 Like

Thank you for the response. Very informative and much appreciated :pray:. Some of that answer was like chinese math for me though. I have a 2x4 and my light is a 200w ac infinity ion board. What schedule would you recommend? :grin:

Looking good :+1:. Thanks

Probably longer than 12 hours if you want better production out of plants. Maybe something like 16-18 hours as long as plant transitions to flower on its own.

2 Likes

Yah autos do better under a 18/6 or a 20/4 light cycle specially for yeilds

1 Like