Time difference auto and photo

If you can switch to 12 on and 12 off as soon as 4-5 weeks is there any real difference between growing autos and photos? Just asking because this is my first time and im already at 14 weeks with an auto run and i seem to have 1-3 weeks left. Conditions and light schedules aside is it really any longer to grow photos?

2 Likes

You have a choice with photos which gives you more control of your grow space and more options for your style of growing

7 Likes

Small tent grows so i cant have giant plants. Would probably have to top photos a few times but seems like the time frame would be about the same. Always thought photos took 2 months longer or something. IDK :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

:pray::handshake: thank you for responding by the way.

1 Like

No problem man, i like sog type grows with fast turnover, but when times have been tough ive vegged a couple plants for months and months so i could prune into large manifolds with many top colas but im getting old and i think its a pain, but you dont have that option with autos. I like photos myself, but autos fit into certain situations as far as timeline and space concerns

4 Likes

Can start a photo on 12/12 without any issues. From seed. Will be smaller but will have auto traits in that she will flower when hits puberty. No light change needed. Auto can handle the 12/12 schedule right with it if using good lighting.

4 Likes

My man :+1:. Always helping out thank you and God bless. Im only working with 6 feet height topps. If i started 12 on 12 off with a photo after say 3 weeks and topped once or twice with scrogg do you think id be in the zone?

3 Likes

Sure. Controlling height is easy.

3 Likes

Thank you brother :+1:. Think ill step up to the challenge next run. :fist_right::fist_left:

2 Likes

Then not much diff between autos and photos. Photos grown on 12/12 from seed to harvest are comparable to my auto yields for autos grown on 12/12.

5 Likes

This right here.

Short answer to your question is no. It doesn’t even really matter if you start on 12/12 or flip to 12/12 after 4ish weeks with photos. They need to mature and then will flower if given the opportunity, just like an auto should on whatever light schedule. From there you have fast flowering genetics and long flowering genetics, both available in autos and photos.

The one thing photos should provide is the opportunity to continue to veg should you run into issues.

6 Likes

Thank you for the reply🙏. I always was under the impression that autos should be 18/6 or 20/4. From what some people say you can have an auto run completely start to finish at 12/12. Are results the same? Am i just wasting a lot of money on electric bills?

3 Likes

Good evening :blush:. I think the majority of growers believe the plants need the dark time to relax. Just like people need down time. :blush::v:

1 Like

I hear that. Just never saw any vids of anyone doing autos at 12/12 before. Didnt even know that was a thing. Just wonder if the end results are equivalent?

2 Likes

Can’t help ya there. I have never grown autos but I will next grow. :blush::v:

1 Like

You have grown autos on a 12/12 schedule from start to finish? Is the end results equivalent to a 18/6 schedule? Feel as it they are im just wasting a lot of electricity.

1 Like

Do you have any pics of the plant you maybe experiencing fox tailing and thats why you think it has about three more weeks to go

1 Like

I have 4 strains going. All look well except perhaps a WW that is possibly foxtailing. Just that none really have any amber trichs.

2 Likes

New to the sport as well. Not really sure what foxtailing is or how it affects things

1 Like

Fox tailing doesnt really effect anything as far as i know but it does look like ur white widow has abit of fox tailing happening,Ur doing great specially with being new to growing im fairly new to it ive only been growing for two years

1 Like