Ticket for diagnosis

I would use something a bit larger than thread to avoid cutting into the plant. Twine would work just fine.

Watch for water consumption to drop off; it’s one indicator that your plant is finishing,…

I’ll post a picture later but they look so nice. So they won’t require as much water when close to harvest?

1 Like

It’s an indicator the plant is slowing down and you can use that to help judge harvest times. It’s usually pretty dramatic. If you pick up your plants daily (like I do) then it’s pretty apparent.

OK…thank you.

1 Like

You could also use 2-3 opposing stakes pretty far away, and tie the stem of the cola to all three.

2 Likes

Tomato screens work although tough to get around the plant if it’s bigger. I like your idea though.

I got some of those 3 foot green bamboo stakes. Yarn works good for tying to them.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 @Pat2 I have a question I have four plants in week 9. Two plants have alot of tichromes and two don’t but ones a different strain and is a mess…why are some white and some aren’t? Will that change in the next month?

1 Like

Are you asking about pistils or trichomes? How about a picture?

@Myfriendis410 here’s a picture…I call it white dust.

1 Like

You are seeing the pistils (cute little hairy things), they start white and turn amber as they mature - and the pixie-dust you see is most likely the trichomes :slight_smile: The will start showing up on the flowers and on the leaves around the flowers as the plant matures. With a magnifying glass they look like little clear or white mushroom fields.

2 Likes

Yes on some I see them …

2 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better!

KG: those pistils show that your plant is actively flowering. Each one of those is attached to a bud calyx which is near the stem and as long as 20% or more of your pistils are white she is actively growing and building bud mass. Which is exactly what you want. Blooming nutrients that contain additional P and K will help the plant to build flowers too.

You will start to see leaves degrade: this is normal and expected. The big fan leaves will yellow and drop off and other deficiencies will pop up as the plant begins to finish.

Use your journal to track the point from first pistils to what the recommended length of flower is to give you some idea of when to expect harvest, give or take. A good loupe or digital camera scope is essential for determining overall ripeness of the flower. The camera is nice because you can document it.

And yes: you will start to see dust forming on the buds and sugar leaves. That’s our candy!

Something I did was look at images of fully mature flower to remind myself of what I am looking for. The Bud of the Month contest is a good place for that. Or pick a journal you like and bookmark an image. It is kinda motivating lol.

Set to “Watching”.

3 Likes

@Myfriendis410 by accident the cats hit my timer it didn’t go off when it was suppose to I noticed this morning and fixed timer. Will it hurt my plants while budding

1 Like

It depends on how long it was jacked up. Probably not.

1 Like

About 5 hours

2 Likes

You should be good. Rock and roll, lady!

Outside growers have cloudy days, same same.

1 Like

@Whodat66 I have a magnifying glass but u can see there is dust but I can’t see what color they are…I have two that look like they are maturing faster than the other one. I got a loupe it should b here by end of week. Cause I want a head high not body high.

@Myfriendis410 hey I have half cloudy with a little Amber…what do I do flush it w ph water ?IDK for how long to flush? I prob waited too long. Can u tell me please what I do now.?

1 Like