Ticket for diagnosis

@Myfriendis410 are u near those fires? Be safe if u are

1 Like

This time around Iā€™m not: itā€™s been a couple of years but we had flames at 1/2 mile from the house! The tankers were about 500 feet over our house; not a good day.

Thatā€™s good for u this year. I just remembered I lived in northern California.

1 Like

Iā€™m up north of Santa Barbara near the Air Force base. About 6 miles from the launch pad haha!

1 Like

U seem very normal for Californiaā€¦lol

1 Like

Born and raised! But it ainā€™t the California I once knew. We are in a relatively conservative (and rural) area: mostly lettuce fields, flower fields, horse and cattle ranching. The rest of the state can ram it. We are planning our retirement in two years and itā€™s Colorado Springs for us!

1 Like

Well in florida were deplorables. I just know that ur politicians are in a world of their ownā€¦lol Colorado is good.nice red stateā€¦Iā€™m sure were not suppose to b talking about the real world on here! Id like to move there nice and cool. Weā€™re sweating!!

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 my ph was 6.5-6.6 in the jug but the run off is this color yet the meter says something else it say 6.4

1 Like

If your PH meter is calibrated correctly I would trust it over drops.

@ itā€™s a cheap meter I stick in the soil and it registers ph its saying about 6.4 in three plants and the are 6.1 or so but I overwatered it again. They were 50/50 seeds kush I think I wound up with all females two are starting to bud and lights only been switched a week. But water going in is adjusted right but the over run isnā€™t

1 Like

Please take the time and invest in a good PH meter. Ditch the strips and drops and get something you can calibrate and trust. PH is the most important thing you can do followed by NOT over watering lol.

The Apera PH20 is a good solid choice that many of us use. Amazon has it for like $49. It comes with reference solution and has detailed calibration instructions besides being calibrated at the factory.

3 Likes

Yup! And I did some price comparison on their more expensive model with replaceable cartridge, And the cost of one ā€œgoodā€ one and a replacement cartridge is about the same as two of these.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ENFOHN8?tag=greenrel-20

1 Like

@Whodat66 @Myfriendis410 I just ordered one of these but over course itā€™s coming from across the country

Youā€™ll get there, I have one of those in a drawer (you will too) but itā€™ll be better than strips and drops. Until you get used to it, I would test with the drops and with it, and compare. the drops arenā€™t that bad, just not precise.

Or test a known solution (like a calibration solution)

@Whodat66 I think I over watered it tooā€¦see they are drooping. But it could b over watered. If ph is 6.5-6.6 going in is it suppose to b the same coming out?

Iā€™m not the expert on diagnosing problems. Donā€™t want to send you in the wrong direction.

But if they are in fabric pots itā€™s hard to overwater.it will drain out or get used.

If they are setting in mud, you need drainage.

They are in fabric pots. I put holes in the sides low near bottom

If you know they have water, then just wait. Better to do nothing than the wrong thing.

I agree, and you could also compact the soil to tight if there isnā€™t enough perlite and stuff, but she seems freaked about the recent one.

Regardless, I think the answer would be stop watering LOL

@Whodat66 @anon35207245 they were really light and they werenā€™t wet at allā€¦the dirt is 2/3 ffof and 1/4 perlite. I water them til water comes out bottom then I stop. I finally got temp down and Iā€™m afraid to put my cool mist humidifier on that cools down the tent and puts some cool humidity in the air. I found 2 plants starting to get hairs. Ok so whatā€™s ph suppose to b in the run off? Lol